Tucana Walkthrough Video

Started by knucracker, December 05, 2009, 09:44:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kithros

Quote from: romulusnr on October 23, 2011, 07:07:08 AM
It really sucks to play a strategy game by following someone else's walkthrough. I don't like playing games like a monkey. No fun in boringly following a predefined set of steps. This level is too damn hard and I really feel like I completely wasted my money. :(

If you get really good at the game, you'll actually find there is a very large margin for error on this map - not to say it isn't difficult for newer players, but there is definitely not only one way to go about this map. The main thing is to make sure weapons are not firing where they are not doing anything efficiently - such as blasters firing into the pools instead of making sure mortars do it, and making sure mortars don't target areas without dense creeper.

romulusnr

Quote from: Karsten75 on October 23, 2011, 09:03:55 AM
Quote from: romulusnr on October 23, 2011, 07:07:08 AM
It really sucks to play a strategy game by following someone else's walkthrough. I don't like playing games like a monkey. No fun in boringly following a predefined set of steps. This level is too damn hard and I really feel like I completely wasted my money. :(

I guess here we have the new crop of players from CW:US. :)

Welcome. You will soon be assimilated.

Not really. i was looking for a fun game that was not incredibly difficult. CW:US didn't give me nearly this much trouble. Basically i feel bait-and-switched here. I don't have time to do this level over and over and over and over again (and not be able to do anything else in the game) and frankly I'll be bored to tears and regret spending the money on it (though I already do) even if I did. The only reason I am still playing is because I figure I'd better try to get my money's worth. But I fully expect I will write it up to a waste of money and KC will have fooled another sucker. :P Really, I rarely regret buying games, and this is really discouraging. I'd warn anyone who considers buying this game that they will be in for a real shock for their money.

UpperKEES

Quote from: romulusnr on October 24, 2011, 06:21:00 PM
anyone

Nope. In fact you're one of the first not to love it.

I advise you to not play any further, because you may start liking it as well, which could easily costs you 2 years of your life.

not be able to do anything else in the game

No chronom maps? No custom maps? You must be playing an illegal version. So why complain about your money?
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

mthw2vc

Not really. i was looking for a fun game that was not incredibly difficult. CW:US didn't give me nearly this much trouble. Basically i feel bait-and-switched here. I don't have time to do this level over and over and over and over again (and not be able to do anything else in the game) and frankly I'll be bored to tears and regret spending the money on it (though I already do) even if I did. The only reason I am still playing is because I figure I'd better try to get my money's worth. But I fully expect I will write it up to a waste of money and KC will have fooled another sucker. :P Really, I rarely regret buying games, and this is really discouraging. I'd warn anyone who considers buying this game that they will be in for a real shock for their money.

By the time you get to Tucana, the Conquest and Chronom missions have opened up and there are always custom maps to play. Perhaps try playing missions that challenge you without frustrating you first.

AlexisNery

Quote from: UpperKEES on October 24, 2011, 06:38:04 PM
anyone

Nope. In fact you're one of the first not to love it.

I advise you to not play any further, because you may start liking it as well, which could easily costs you 2 years of your life.

not be able to do anything else in the game

No chronom maps? No custom maps? You must be playing an illegal version. So why complain about your money?

Lol. Nice observation. The custom maps alone make this game worth the purchase. Plus, if you buy the CW1&2 pack, it's that much more worth your money spent. Not to mention, compare this to the price of one PS3 game. I love my PS3...but, I find I play CW1&2 more often. They're just so deep.

I am fairly new to the rts/tower defense genre and I still beat Tucana. And it was pretty ugly and inefficient compared to the walkthrough video. I watched the video after I beat the level and thought to myself, "wow...I sure hacked my way through this one". So, this level is definitely not impossible. Nor does it diminish how good the game is in its entirety. Persistence pays off.

miquelfire

Hmm, I don't remember getting stuck on this level. But then, I did play and beat CW:US first.

romulusnr

Quote from: mthw2vc on October 24, 2011, 06:45:16 PM
By the time you get to Tucana, the Conquest and Chronom missions have opened up and there are always custom maps to play. Perhaps try playing missions that challenge you without frustrating you first.

...I didn't know that  :-[ Thanks for the tip. I will play those for a while I think before struggling with Tucana again.

Kingo

Beat it on my first try :)
Course, I have to give credit to virgil, since I played on his strategy. :)

fractalman

I beat tucana with 0 mortars, only blasters.
Then I played double-down and discovered this technique.  (But I built the mortars a lot sooner. )

Night

Beat it first time round, though I got stuck for a long time and it ended up taking a little over an hour plus lots of pause time.