STEAM Distribution

Started by brinebold, April 13, 2010, 02:41:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brinebold

I've always been a huge fan of STEAM for games (I hate having to keep track of install discs).

Has the STEAM platform been considered (or is currently being considered) to get this game some heavier exposure? I'm not quite sure how much Valve takes from smaller games like yours but it might give you a noticeable increase in sales volume.

knucracker

They (like most similar stores) take around 30-40% of the sale.  Steam is hit and miss for availability of indie titles, though.  If you'd like to see it on steam mail them and tell them you'd like to see it on steam.  I imagine they probably listen to customers when they hear it enough...

Echo51

I believe you'd have to code your costum c++/C# shell for the flash then, as i dont think they support AIR
Join the chat! :D
- The only echo present here...

knucracker

Yes, which would be a royal pain since I use AIR features to read and write the save game files, support the right mouse button, etc.   But, I could rework all of these things.

It does make me wonder if I should just skip AIR and do a simple flash projector file for the next game.... (and store all of the save game data in the flash local data store)

JACKL

I like this idea becuse i read the word "save" :DDDDDDDDDDDD
Old aunts used to come up to me at weddings, poke me in the ribs and cackle, telling me, "You're next." They stopped after I started doing the same thing to them at funerals.