Asbestos

Spoiler
The Dark Lord Is Mediocre - Die as the Loki Imperator on Arca
Failure of the Loki - Die as the Loki Imperator after opening Lia's shield
[close]
Bomberless Bombing - Destroy a non-empty Sprayer while in the air

Brule

Quote from: Tjgalon on March 13, 2014, 02:12:27 PM
Score in the top 10 on a mission with at least 20 scores, I am going to say that will be hard, but I do like the idea.
Trying to help think of a name. "Better then the rest", "Top 10 winner" something like that.

i dont think that should be scores archvment, because after the game have some months/years, it will be virtually impossible to enter the top 10 in any map

Tjgalon

Quote from: Brule on March 14, 2014, 11:49:07 PM
Quote from: Tjgalon on March 13, 2014, 02:12:27 PM
Score in the top 10 on a mission with at least 20 scores, I am going to say that will be hard, but I do like the idea.
Trying to help think of a name. "Better then the rest", "Top 10 winner" something like that.

i dont think that should be scores archvment, because after the game have some months/years, it will be virtually impossible to enter the top 10 in any map
It already on there, and I was thinking that too. but, there are new maps being added, and when more people start joing via steam, maybe even more. I believe it be possible for anyone who wants that achievement to earn it, somehow.

Brule

@tjgalon
maybe, but i still think its a bad idea

my sugestion:

Jack of all trades

Build at least one of each weapon/structures in a single mission, and complete it

BTW, i think all the "lovers" achievments should include the "complete it" on it, because just building on it, will be easy to complete

thejoe66

The born leader achievement works for 3 day scores so it's very e-z to get
"Humanity is probably the only animal capable of hating itself."-The end of Evangelion

Tjgalon

I guess there always be hard achievements to get, and they are the most fun to earn. I guess I feel like that, cause last night, I manage to earn it, got #9 slot on a pyrimind map of something, in alpha sector. Mostly cause I been seeing if I can earn 100 wins, as per my achievement suggestion :)

knucracker

Quote from: Brule on March 15, 2014, 12:06:52 AM
BTW, i think all the "lovers" achievments should include the "complete it" on it, because just building on it, will be easy to complete

It looks like you have to actually complete the building on the units to get any of the 'lover' achievements.  So you can't just schedule units for building (I think).  Are you talking about completing _the mission_ before they should be awarded?

frozenedge

possible exploit for the "Born Leader" achievement
Spoiler
i haven't fully tested it, but i don't think there is anything stopping me from making a map and playing it badly 20 times then playing it properly once just to get the achievement, as long as i submit the score under a different name each time
[close]

and about the reset missions button, i resets my missions but the planetary shield don't go back up, is this the intended function?

Brule

Quote from: virgilw on March 15, 2014, 01:19:10 PM
Quote from: Brule on March 15, 2014, 12:06:52 AM

It looks like you have to actually complete the building on the units to get any of the 'lover' achievements.  So you can't just schedule units for building (I think).  Are you talking about completing _the mission_ before they should be awarded?
yes, i meant completing the mission (and yes, you dont earn the achievement just for placing the units)

knucracker

The "First" and "Lover" achievements for building units currently happen mid mission.  The "Ender" achievements happen only at mission completion.  I did it this was as a compromise between interactivity and long term stat accumulation. 

So it makes sense that "First" shows up as you build the first of each unit type.  Showing all of those at mission completion wouldn't be interactive enough and there could be a ton of them.

The "Ender" achievements are based on long term build totals.  These are stats are stored at steam and only get updated at mission completion (I add your build totals in the mission to the totals at steam).  Once any of those stat's exceeds the required amount you will get the associated Ender achievement.  Several of these could happen at the end of the same mission, but not too likely.

The "Lover" achievements fall in the middle and are based on what you build in a single mission.  Since these stats are not stored at steam (they don't need to be as they only apply to a single mission at a time) and since you could get several in a single mission I opted to show them mid-mission to provide the most interactive response.  If somebody is just doing odd things to get those achievements it won't really matter if they are awarded mid mission or at the end.  You could still start a really simple DMD mission and build, destroy, build destroy, then win the mission.

I don't really consider the build total achievements to be difficult to get.  Some people will fish for them, others will just pick them up naturally while playing.  Either is valid I think.

Brule

ok, seens fair enough.

changing the subject:

little bug on the achievement from entering prospector zone, and tormented space, you wont earn it if you enter the zones from the arc eternal wormholes,

another sugestion:

Multi-kill

kill at least 3 inibitors/emitters with a single nulifier

Clean0nion

Quote from: Brule on March 15, 2014, 03:11:48 PM
ok, seens fair enough.

changing the subject:

little bug on the achievement from entering prospector zone, and tormented space, you wont earn it if you enter the zones from the arc eternal wormholes,

another sugestion:

Multi-kill

A map with three inhibitors is probably not a good map - particularly if they are all within the range of a single nullifier.

Tjgalon

Quote from: Clean0nion on March 15, 2014, 03:17:57 PM
Quote from: Brule on March 15, 2014, 03:11:48 PM
ok, seens fair enough.

changing the subject:

another sugestion:

Multi-kill

A map with three inhibitors is probably not a good map - particularly if they are all within the range of a single nullifier.
Not true, seeing how, you could use the PZ of one destroyed, to take out 2 or 3 due to expanded range. Maybe expand it to the runner next and no fly shields, so basically 3 or more taking out with a nullfier.

Clean0nion

Quote from: Tjgalon on March 15, 2014, 03:25:29 PM
MUCH QUOTE TEXT
Killing an Inhibitor wins the mission. If you meant Emitter, that would be much more suitable.
EDIT: I just saw you said "inhibitors/emitters". I'm feeling rather redundant right now.

In that case I suppose I'd better suggest an achievement!
How about an achievement for not damaging any creeper in a mission?

exostum

Fatal end : Get a map full on creeper with no unit left

Failed Null : set up a nullifier with no cible (Example : set 2 nullifier on the same emiter, the first nullifies it, and then the second got no cible to nullifies and then trigger this achievement)

Creeper vs humans : get a map full on anti-creeper

Demolition Man : destruct building using the fire mass artifact of odin

I love terraforming : Set all  levable terrain to evalation 10

Late starter : first don't do anything for 5 minutes then win the map

Where is my beam ? : Win a map with spores without using beam (spores must be fired at least once)

Energy shortage : Win a map without using collector nor reactor

Woops what i am doing : destroy a forge using the destroy command and having all technology at 10+

Kamizake : Land a CN full on creeper (must be the first land of the map to count)

Micromanagement : pause / unpause repeatdly while inputing command to unit / building

So close and yet so far: Get a nullifier destroyed just before it nullifies a emitter !

this time i got revenge : nullifies a emitter that a former nullifier get destroyed attemping to nullifies it

I quit : Recall all CN to orbit and then don't land them anymore for a least 10 minutes

I am out of here : Recall all CN to orbit and then destroy all constructed unit / building

Failed self-improvement : Restart a map and score a lower score

Void magician : Fire the singularity weapong on the void

Digital IS ?? : land a CN on a full digitalis infested area (must be the first land of the map)

Let me contruct here please : make a least 30 units directly on creeper at the same time (and watch them explode as soon as you unpause ^_^)

Please can you let me pass : Win a map using only shield and nullifier

Family meeting : win a map using only anti-creeper based weapons (and nullifier)

Waiting for evaporation : win the first map without cannon (you must wait for the central creeper to evaporate in order to get the key after nullifing the emitter)

heavy load : get a negative energy production of 100+

Stop mass constructing : Get a negative energy production of 1000+

Beautiful flows : win a map and then recall all CN, destroy all buildings and watch remaining creeper flows and evaporates

don't forget the beam : the nullifier which attemps to nullifies a spore tower get destroyed by the creeper from the spore of this spore tower.

My Work in progress Maps (On hold for now)