Main Menu

New Forum Look?

Started by Sorrontis, July 28, 2019, 02:29:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sorrontis

Oh, this is nice.

When did you take the time to do this Knu knu?

It feels, up-to-date! Relevant again! Welcome to the 21st century!

It'll take a little time to get used to, but, I approve of this beauty!
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

harrymcb

Karsten75

Knucracker is evaluating new themes. Please bear with us.

Sorrontis

Quote from: Karsten75 on July 28, 2019, 02:34:44 PM
Knucracker is evaluating new themes. Please bear with us.

Oh, no sarcasm. I really really like this theme. I kinda wish the pixelated art in the background was a scene from CW4 though.
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

BilboGCL

Looks way better now, but right now as I reply, I think the editor a) breaks the design but is b) more functional.
I support Sorrontis with the wish, that the pixels should show a cwX or PF scene!

Greetings from The Shire!
Hey, come to the dark side Discord, we have cookies!

knucracker

I'll replace the top image here in a day or so.... Just need to get a nice image from CW4.

Sorrontis

Quote from: knucracker on July 28, 2019, 03:24:04 PM
I'll replace the top image here in a day or so.... Just need to get a nice image from CW4.

Yay! Thanks Knuknu!

bluebolt

I have to say I'm really liking the new theme!
Even YOU may survive an apocalypse! Fight back against the creeper today!

kwinse

Looks different, looks nice.

With NightBreeze, the "Logged" on every post is unnecessarily prominent right between the timestamp and post content. What site doesn't log your IP these days, and why do I as a normal user without access to the logged IP need to know that for every post anyway? On Curve it's off in a corner where it can be ignored easier.

Also a minor issue, when replying the breadcrumbs [ Knuckle Cracker > Knuckle Cracker > General > Post reply ( Re: New Forum Look? ) ], on Curve the thread title links back to the thread, but on NightBreeze it's just text.

Karsten75

Quote from: kwinse on July 29, 2019, 04:45:09 PM
Looks different, looks nice.

With NightBreeze, the "Logged" on every post is unnecessarily prominent right between the timestamp and post content. What site doesn't log your IP these days, and why do I as a normal user without access to the logged IP need to know that for every post anyway? On Curve it's off in a corner where it can be ignored easier.

Also a minor issue, when replying the breadcrumbs [ Knuckle Cracker > Knuckle Cracker > General > Post reply ( Re: New Forum Look? ) ], on Curve the thread title links back to the thread, but on NightBreeze it's just text.

Yea, I also find the location of the IP address significant. My only supposition is that it is there in the hope to make posters more aware that they area being tracked via IP.

The breadcrumbs are going to be annoying.

Unfortunately, I guess we're stuck with this unless someone has a better alternate  responsive Dark Theme. or can convince th eauthor of the theme to make changes. I'd hate top bother knucracker with those, since it'll take away from the game's development.

GoodMorning

Or find a copy of the files for the Curve theme, and adjust them to a dark theme.

(I just changed it back to Curve, because it seems to involve fewer image-loads.)
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

Karsten75

Quote from: GoodMorning on July 30, 2019, 07:30:27 AM
Or find a copy of the files for the Curve theme, and adjust them to a dark theme.

(I just changed it back to Curve, because it seems to involve fewer image-loads.)

Please understand. If you are offering to do that, great - it will be one alternative theme we can consider installing on the forum. The forum admin/management won't be spending any time engaged in such an exercise. :)

I'd also offer the opinion that if it was that easy, someone would already have done it.

https://custom.simplemachines.org/themes/

Thimotty

Dark themes with light text are no no no for me. Maybe it's just me but it is tiring my eyes way way faster, just within minutes instead of hours with light themes

Karsten75

Quote from: Thimotty on July 30, 2019, 02:49:06 PM
Dark themes with light text are no no no for me. Maybe it's just me but it is tiring my eyes way way faster, just within minutes instead of hours with light themes
You can switch back at any time.

Profile -> Look and Layout ->  Current Theme (Right at the top). The previous default was Curve.

J

Thanks for also enabling the original forum theme, makes me feel old.
It doesn't properly load the community guild icons, but it seems I'm currently the only one using that theme. Don't fix it just for me.