Main Menu

Ranks

Started by Chawe800, October 28, 2012, 02:50:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chawe800

Personally I just want to know what the Hero Member Rank is.

I think i'd be pretty cool to list all the other ranks and what they mean aswell in one thread.
"The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds; and the pessimist fears this is true." -James Branch Cabell

J

Those ranks are based on the amount of posts you have. 500 posts -> hero member.
Ranks like beta, mapmod, global moderator and beta3 can only be given by administrators (and moderators?)

lurkily

Quote from: J on October 28, 2012, 03:01:38 PM
Those ranks are based on the amount of posts you have. 500 posts -> hero member.
Ranks like beta, mapmod, global moderator and beta3 can only be given by administrators (and moderators?)
Usually just admins, or people desginated by admins to hold better-than-mod access.  I'm not sure about SMF, but in the case of PHPBB3, administering groups like that requires access to forum admin, and a lot of other kinds of access come with it, including a lot of ways you might accidentally break the forum.

F0R

Hero is reserved for people who are sexy.

4xC

Well that's a pretty provocotive way to put it.  :-*

I'm not complaining at all though, but it may suck for other people in the MapMod and testing communities who may never get to have that title on account of having those title replace the ranks.
C,C,C,C

lurkily

Quote from: 4xC on November 06, 2012, 03:17:53 PM
Well that's a pretty provocotive way to put it.  :-*

I'm not complaining at all though, but it may suck for other people in the MapMod and testing communities who may never get to have that title on account of having those title replace the ranks.
Titles are supposed to be more prestigious, not less.  :)

4xC

That's what I meant, Lurkily. I put in perspective for people who may find the nomal ranks more prestigious than MapMod and Beta. I personally don't find the normal ranks more prestigious than the others.
C,C,C,C

lurkily

Quote from: 4xC on November 07, 2012, 03:12:00 PM
That's what I meant, Lurkily. I put in perspective for people who may find the nomal ranks more prestigious than MapMod and Beta. I personally don't find the normal ranks more prestigious than the others.
It just means those members are more sexier [sic] than hero members.

4xC

Again, you are making a point all too similar to mine.
C,C,C,C

lurkily

You were saying that I was sexy?

ShadowDragon7015

Wouldn't MapMod be higher than member? Considering the fact that they monitor the maps. I would think that the ranks would be more like 1st=newbie      2nd=junior member           3rd=sr.Member      4th=MapMod/Hero Member      5th=beta/beta3    Blue5th=Grauniad/autopost  shiny5th=Administrator  Those ranks would make a little more sense considering the fact that the only other rank a MapMod could get would be beta. Please correct me if i am wrong in wondering.
Hiding the golden creeper for years to come.

knucracker

I never really even pay attention to those little stars.... so mapmod was defaulted to 3 stars.
So... have a star on me :)  MapMod's now show 4 stars.

ShadowDragon7015

Hiding the golden creeper for years to come.

BlazeBlack2000

These boards can use custom ranks right? I think I have some ideas....

Edit: I just attached what would look like ranks for KnuckleCracker forum! They are currently 12x12, since I used that widthxheight example from the current stars for Newbies and up...but I can adjust them to 15x15 or 20x20. Which ever is preferred.

As you can see, the rest are pretty regular, then MapMod is Red (though Autopost looks more red), Beta/Beta3 is Blue, Grauniad is Silver, Autpost is more Rainbow, and Administration is Gold. Though Gold is kinda hard to see here :P. I could make Autopost Green, and Administration Rainbow....
"Hey, is there a alternate universe outside this window?"; "Wait. What? Why?"; "Because I see another me staring back at me, same room and everything. It's like...staring into a Mirror Universe!!"; "What?" ... "Dude...that's not a window."; "Then is it some sort of portal to an alternate reality?"; "No." ; "Then what?"; "It's a dam mirror, you moron."; "Oh.... Oh look, I got a goatee."; *Face palms*

Grauniad

Wow. And what about Chani? She is an Über-mod.

Frankly, I think all those that matter know that stars are not "it." It's not about stars or ranks - outside the military.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon