What I would like to see in a future patch

Started by pawel345, October 05, 2013, 12:28:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

teknotiss

Quote from: ChaosMaster130 on October 07, 2013, 02:20:11 AM
Personally I would want control groups added back in.

Well unless they are still in and I somehow have not found them yet.  :-[

Also just curious, but if they were removed, what was the thought process behind their removal?  ???

if you mean move in formation it's "m"
if you  mean assigning hotkey groups to units in game, i dunno if that can be done
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

Captain Ford

Quote from: JF-T on October 07, 2013, 11:38:23 PM
I would like to see bombers get a stop resupply button.
What I'd like to see is a checkbox on all AC-consuming units that says "give this unit priority". All units with priority get their requests filled first.

Quote from: JF-T on October 07, 2013, 11:38:23 PM
Maybe for something in the game to tell you in Farbor that snipers can be used to take down the ships. If there is, then I missed it somehow, having read every dialog in the storyline. It took me 8 tries and going to this forum to figure that out :D
WHAT.

Quote from: teknotiss on October 08, 2013, 04:44:25 PM
if you  mean assigning hotkey groups to units in game, i dunno if that can be done
Virgil did it in CW2, so it's obviously doable. He just needs to add another 20 keybindings: 10 for adding to groups, and 10 for recalling groups. (And maybe 1 more for removing from groups, in case he does it the same way he did it in CW2)

I gotta add that I'd like to see some hotkeys for terraforming. Specifically, +1/-1 to terrain level, and +1/-1 to brush size (that's four bindings).

Also, when you quick save, it would be really nice to see some kind of confirmation pop up.

florrat

Quote from: keldor314 on October 06, 2013, 10:47:26 PM
You can actually do this right now, with some command line trickery.

Right click on the shortcut, select properties, then on the shortcut tab, append "-popupwindow" to the Target (no quotes).
Now, in the settings, put it in Window mode with the size equal to your screen resolution.

Best of all, this works with many games, not just Creeper World!
Thank you! That is awesome!

pawel345

I would be great to add more brushes to both terraforming and the editor, it shouldn't take too much work to just allow us all brush options from 1 to 10 instead just 1,3,5,7,9 and 1,3,6,10 ?

Even more control to the DMD maps, like a tab with separate seeds for each of the options so i can leave the terrain as it is and only move the ridges or just play around with the spore towers leaving emmiters in their places. Also a highest as void option and overall +1/-1 to entire terrain level.

Captain Ford

Quote from: pawel345 on October 09, 2013, 02:04:23 AM
...overall +1/-1 to entire terrain level.
I like that! It would be very useful to be able to raise or lower terrain you've been working on for hours rather than having to do every little change by hand.

Martoon

Quote from: pawel345 on October 06, 2013, 06:54:31 AM
More sound options like independent volume for the player unit shots and explosions, on large maps having 5 mortars on PZ firing the sound can really get annoying, but turning of the sound completely will mean you can't hear important things like spore warnings, explosions when something happens on the other side of the map and so on.
+1 for this.  The thunderous mortar sounds are cool, but when you get a few going, that's all you can hear.

Quote from: Loyal on October 07, 2013, 07:00:56 AM
I'd like the option for more visible/obvious building destructions. Too often I've heard one of my buildings blow up, looked around for the source, and failed to find anything until a minute later, when the creeper gains a bunch of ground because the cannons holding them back got knocked offline.
A big +1 for this, too.  Almost every time the creeper blows up one of my structures, I hear the explosion, but have no idea where it was.  Some kind of obvious flashing indicator that sticks around for a few seconds would be awesome.

Another thing I'd like is a 1/2 speed option on the time flow.  For many maps, I can't think or get around quite fast enough for 1X speed, and it'd be nice to not have to constantly pause and unpause.  I'd like to time to keep flowing, just more slowly.

asmussen

Quote from: Martoon on October 09, 2013, 11:56:59 AM
More sound options like independent volume for the player unit shots and explosions, on large maps having 5 mortars on PZ firing the sound can really get annoying, but turning of the sound completely will mean you can't hear important things like spore warnings, explosions when something happens on the other side of the map and so on.
+1 for this.  The thunderous mortar sounds are cool, but when you get a few going, that's all you can hear.

I'd like the option for more visible/obvious building destructions. Too often I've heard one of my buildings blow up, looked around for the source, and failed to find anything until a minute later, when the creeper gains a bunch of ground because the cannons holding them back got knocked offline.
A big +1 for this, too.  Almost every time the creeper blows up one of my structures, I hear the explosion, but have no idea where it was.  Some kind of obvious flashing indicator that sticks around for a few seconds would be awesome.

Another thing I'd like is a 1/2 speed option on the time flow.  For many maps, I can't think or get around quite fast enough for 1X speed, and it'd be nice to not have to constantly pause and unpause.  I'd like to time to keep flowing, just more slowly.

I also have found it difficult sometimes to identify what got destroyed after hearing the explosion sound.

As far as the time flow thing goes, I'd agree that a slow down option would be nice. In CW2, I sometimes used pause and held down the N key to advance frames, when I wanted to slow down the action for precise timing for a few seconds, but you have to release 'N' and repress it every time you want to advance the frame with CW3.
Shawn Asmussen

Cavemaniac

I know what you mean.

The work-around I use (and used in CW2 too) is to hit pause as soon as I hear the boom of something blowing up.

Then look around for signs of the explosion, if you don't see it, hit p,p,p,p,p,p to almost frame advance the game (you can use 'n' for a true frame advance, but that might be to small an increment) and watch for the blossoming explosion of you now forever lost unit.

Hope that works for you!
Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Nephthys

Quote from: Cavemaniac on October 09, 2013, 01:35:20 PM

I know what you mean.

The work-around I use (and used in CW2 too) is to hit pause as soon as I hear the boom of something blowing up.

Then look around for signs of the explosion, if you don't see it, hit p,p,p,p,p,p to almost frame advance the game (you can use 'n' for a true frame advance, but that might be to small an increment) and watch for the blossoming explosion of you now forever lost unit.

Hope that works for you!

So glad to see I'm not the only one (for once) with an issue! Like everyone was saying, you hear the boom & wonder what just blew up. I like CaveManiac's idea of Pausing & looking around. Except I think I turned off "show explosions" so I could better see the end result. (Turned off mist, too. I couldn't tell where the creeper REALLY was because of the mist). But I'll adjust visibility again & play with pause after the boom. Thanks CaveMan!

Kharnellius

Quote from: Martoon on October 09, 2013, 11:56:59 AM

+1 to all 3 ideas in this post.  :)

Harkler

5. When a beam is selected, all beam ranges show.
6. An option to make buildings+connections invisible. (mainly to be able to see terrain heights on cramped maps)

Cavemaniac

Quote from: Harkler on October 10, 2013, 12:05:00 AM

Mmmm. That was one of my favourite features of CW1. Cant think why I didn't campaign for it before release...
Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Wally

Quote from: Cavemaniac on October 10, 2013, 04:40:39 AM

Mmmm. That was one of my favourite features of CW1. Cant think why I didn't campaign for it before release...

I do think this is a prioritary option !
Wally

Kharnellius

Quote from: Wally on October 10, 2013, 07:43:43 AM

What do you mean?  You don't think it should be done, or you don't think it was something Virgil was worried about?

Wally

Quote from: Kharnellius on October 10, 2013, 08:53:00 AM
Quote from: Wally on October 10, 2013, 07:43:43 AM

What do you mean?  You don't think it should be done, or you don't think it was something Virgil was worried about?

Sorry if my english is not always "meaningfull", it's a foreign language for me  ;)

I meant none of the above. I really think it should be done, and proposed as a display option (like "opaque creeper" ...).
Wally