Main Menu

Pavo

Started by ctuna, April 10, 2010, 11:50:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ctuna

Ok, rank newbie, can't solve Pavo without a long slog around the left w/2/3 blasters & a mortar, plus one mortar to keep the 3:00 pool at bay, add blasters as I cap the upper left 4, then more slogging through the middle to the upper right 4. I can connect the totem in the mid-pool by flying Odin, but can't seem to beat about 8100 points. I've tried loading up on energy and blasting through the middle, but it takes so long to get the energy up. I've tried flying mortars to bomb the emitters, but without noticeable improvement.

I know I'm missing something, and looking for ideas, not total strategy.

Karsten75

Welcome. Support is really for tech bugs and buying problems and so forth. Hopefully a mod will swing by soon and move this to the Gameplay section.

As for Pavo, if you're the CTUNA that's 8th on the current list and 63rd on the all-time list, I wouldn't worry too much, you seem to be doing OK.

Zakath

Wish I could help, but I've not yet scored higher than 7200+ on Pavo.

Perhaps I'll give it another whirl...  ;D

Katra

After another 2 tries I got 8551.  I put collectors on the flat around the city, with relays across the strip of lowland. Hold the right pool with a mortar, the far left side with a blaster (set far enough back it only shoots what comes onto the flat where I put collectors) then build reactors. When power is sufficient i built a couple more mortars and a bunch of blasters and went right up the middle.
Power. Power! I must have more POWER!

Zakath

Katra,

After trying it both ways (left and middle), I agree that going up the middle seems to be the faster way.