The future of Knuckle Cracker

Started by CobraKill, December 08, 2011, 09:23:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CobraKill

What is going to happen next? What awesome things can Virgil's fans look forward to?
Never trust a computer that doesn't fit through your nearest window.

knucracker

The first thing this is up and coming is Creeper World 2: Academy.  It's a flash game and includes some new story missions.
That will complete my major releases for this year and bring this years publishing to these titles:
Creeper World 2: Redemption (desktop)
Creeper World: User Space (flash)
Creeper World: Evermore (flash)
Creeper World 2: Academy (flash)

As for next year... the things I have planned are just wicked cool (to me anyway).  I've got preliminary work done on some CW3 concepts as well as a spin off game based on the CW2 engine.  You might even see an entry into the iOS and Android markets...

There are a few other things I've not revealed yet, and are relatively 'small'.  But, they could be really fun things and offer a new dimension to CW1, CW2 and future games.

Michionlion

you know just the things to get me excited.... ;)
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

lich98

Quote from: Michionlion on December 11, 2011, 09:24:24 PM
you know just the things to get me excited.... ;)
... totaly I can't wait for new stuff, well creeper world stuff!
I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I've ever known.
-Walt Disney
This is like deja vu all over again.
-Yogi Berra

Cavemaniac

Quote from: virgilw on December 11, 2011, 08:46:24 PM

That will complete my major releases for this year and bring this years publishing to these titles:
Creeper World 2: Redemption (desktop)
Creeper World: User Space (flash)
Creeper World: Evermore (flash)
Creeper World 2: Academy (flash)

Only four releases this year?

What kind of one-man-band are you?!
Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Ebon Heart

When do you think we'll start seeing cw3 stuff? :D
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!

thepenguin

We have become the creeper...

lich98

CW3D awesome i cant wait. well beta might want to be ready for a 2 week no sleep for virgil. 3d is much harder, you need 2 or more images for 1 frame inorder to do 3d
I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I've ever known.
-Walt Disney
This is like deja vu all over again.
-Yogi Berra

Echo51

What do you mean lich? you don't need images other then the textures, all you need is a model with an animation sequence. But 3d creeeper world could be tough to get working in a sensible manner, yet alone in flash...
Join the chat! :D
- The only echo present here...

Ebon Heart

Quote from: Echo51 on December 14, 2011, 06:34:12 AM
What do you mean lich? you don't need images other then the textures, all you need is a model with an animation sequence. But 3d creeeper world could be tough to get working in a sensible manner, yet alone in flash...
Didn't someone start that a while back?.... Where did he go?
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!

mthw2vc

I do not know where they went, either, but allow me to remind you of two important details:
1. The project was not done in flash.
2. The creeper simulation was strictly 2D and performed using a depth calculation as in CW1, not simulated in full 3D with a density calculation similar to that in CW2.
[link]

Mr.H

3d creeper world will increase the computer space need alot! It will also cause the computer requirements to be much higher and there will probably be lot's of lagg. Virgil will have to make a lot of performance cuts to make it a feesible product. Otherwise though, I know how to use blender  ;) .
Good evening/morning/night/afternoon
You are now reading my signature...
Stop reading IT!

Grauniad

There already are enough threads with unwarranted, baseless speculation of this nature. Original question has been asked and answered.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon