Custom Map #153: Homeworld. By: Doug

Started by AutoPost, October 13, 2016, 11:21:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kharnellius

You need to let people know it's a hard map.  From the get go this thing is merciless and frustrating.  That is OK to some extent, but only if you at least warn people.  That first Ticon defense cannon is the bane of my existence.

Kharnellius

Quote from: bugbrain_04 on October 14, 2016, 07:26:28 PM
...The land to the northeast was too well-protected by its enclosed emitter to establish a beachhead, couldn't push west without better ships, and the defense cannons tore anything that got close to absolute shreds.

Take 5-6 omnis and land them next to that enclosed emitter.  They will die but should convert the emitter before doing so.  After that the NE corner falls easily.

Johnny Haywire

QuoteYou need to let people know it's a hard map.  From the get go this thing is merciless and frustrating.

It's definitely not an easy map, but I don't know that I'd say it was "frustrating" - although it might be for someone who was very new to the game. Having played for over a month, I don't feel so newbish anymore although I do move very slowly.

I turtled in the SE corner like a paranoid conspiracy theorist in a basement - and probably for too long since I did lose the HQ kinda early-on. But by then I'd established a circle of omnis and once you build 2-3 small ships, you're pretty much safe there.

Once I took the NE corner I realized the AC... I mean, blue particles (switching games is hard) were crazy-intense. From that point on it was almost all omnis for me. I built one of the big ships but it was pretty much unnecessary.

Great map imo. I would call the start "challenging" more than "frustrating" - i.e., there's no real need to save the game, pause, or restart. I'd agree with two criticisms mentioned earlier: More enemies and/or cannons in the NW to make the end more challenging and a bit smaller version of the Eclipse w/o the reactors. Still, very enjoyable map!

Thanks for making it!  ;D
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?