CW4 Demo Feedback

Started by Alastair_Stokell, June 21, 2020, 08:40:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alastair_Stokell

Hi Knucklecracker, Karsten

Amazing game! Wow. Been watching all the dev videos for years already. Can't wait for final release so you can take my money!

Played the demo through about 3 times now but have played the last map a lot more times. Biggest and most challenging in the demo but still not very difficult. I look forward to ramped up baddies in the full version.

A very peculiar bug popped up now. I don't even know if it is a bug or maybe a system error with my laptop. You guys should be the judges there...

Playing the last map of the demo, I wanted to build my factory on the same high mesa as my lab but there wasn't space. So, while paused, I ordered the lab to move over a bit and then placed the factory for building. I immediately clicked on it to see the details of the factory. Then I unpaused. The lab started moving and the factory started building. This is where is the bug happened. I could not deselect the factory in any way. Space bar and escape didn't work. Clicking cancel on the factory info pane also didn't work. I tried clicking on another unit. Could not select any other units. Factory info pane stayed on. I could thus not select any other building tabs to build more units. I could only select already existing units with TAB to create more.
I deleted the factory and tried to build it again. It builds and functions normally but I still cannot continue playing the game as I cannot select new units for building as described above.

I think I took some screenshots but I don't know how to upload them here...

Karsten75

Quote from: Alastair_Stokell on June 21, 2020, 08:40:17 AM
Hi Knucklecracker, Karsten

Amazing game! Wow. Been watching all the dev videos for years already. Can't wait for final release so you can take my money!

Played the demo through about 3 times now but have played the last map a lot more times. Biggest and most challenging in the demo but still not very difficult. I look forward to ramped up baddies in the full version.

A very peculiar bug popped up now. I don't even know if it is a bug or maybe a system error with my laptop. You guys should be the judges there...

Playing the last map of the demo, I wanted to build my factory on the same high mesa as my lab but there wasn't space. So, while paused, I ordered the lab to move over a bit and then placed the factory for building. I immediately clicked on it to see the details of the factory. Then I unpaused. The lab started moving and the factory started building. This is where is the bug happened. I could not deselect the factory in any way. Space bar and escape didn't work. Clicking cancel on the factory info pane also didn't work. I tried clicking on another unit. Could not select any other units. Factory info pane stayed on. I could thus not select any other building tabs to build more units. I could only select already existing units with TAB to create more.
I deleted the factory and tried to build it again. It builds and functions normally but I still cannot continue playing the game as I cannot select new units for building as described above.

I think I took some screenshots but I don't know how to upload them here...

I briefly tried to recreate the issue, but ws unable to do so.

Most important in these situations is the log file, that you can find here:

c:\Users\YOUR_USER\AppData\LocalLow\Knuckle Cracker\Creeper World 4\output_log.txt

You need to preserve it before the game runs again, since all the information in it gets overwritten.

Screenshots are obtained with F11 and are preserved in

c:\Users\YOUR_USER\Documents\My Games\creeperworld4\screenshots\

You can upload thse  (and the log file) by clicking the little down-pointing triangle labeled "Attachements and other options"  just below any text entry box on a forum  entry post.