The percentage on Totems

Started by Clean0nion, November 10, 2013, 10:00:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clean0nion

I understand that the percentage on totems refers to how fast it is outputting aether.

Questions: what's the highest percentage you've managed to achieve, and how much aether is made when one's at 100%?
My highest is 5.8%.

Grauniad

If memory serves, it increases by 1% for every 30 minutes (maybe 20?) of play. Even taking it as 20 minutes/1%, that means you'd have to play for 2,000 minutes to get to 100%. Good luck!
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

eduran

The default value is +1 level per 30 minutes of Aether production. And I think the totem displays a multiplier, not a percentage. 2.00X means two times the amount of Aether that a level 1 totem supplies (i.e. after 30 minutes the totem's production has increased by 100%).

Clean0nion

Quote from: eduran on November 10, 2013, 10:13:04 AM
The default value is +1 level per 30 minutes of Aether production. And I think the totem displays a multiplier, not a percentage. 2.00X means two times the amount of Aether that a level 1 totem supplies (i.e. after 30 minutes the totem's production has increased by 100%).
Should that be 1000%?

Grauniad

Quote from: Clean0nion on November 10, 2013, 01:48:52 PM
Should that be 1000%?

Math much? :)

Michionlion

Quote from: Grauniad on November 10, 2013, 02:05:50 PM
Should that be 1000%?

Notice the period.
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

Clean0nion

Quote from: Michionlion on November 10, 2013, 02:46:50 PM
Quote from: Grauniad on November 10, 2013, 02:05:50 PM
Should that be 1000%?

Notice the period.
Whoops! I read it as "By the time the multiplier has reached 100%, the overall output will be 100% of that that it was originally."

4xC

I would have guessed that the "Charge Without Forge" option was meant to increase the percentage before a Forge was constructed. But whatever the cause, that option has done nothing. I guess it's a bug.
C,C,C,C

Grauniad

Quote from: 4xC on November 10, 2013, 06:31:51 PM
I would have guessed that the "Charge Without Forge" option was meant to increase the percentage before a Forge was constructed. But whatever the cause, that option has done nothing. I guess it's a bug.
That option is there so the totems would behave as CW1 totems. They would take a charge and start spinning. Nothing to do with Aether production.

Loyal

It is useful for getting them to produce Aether immediately when your Forge goes up (instead of waiting for the Totem to automatically request and receive packets), though at that phase of the game your energy is probably more usefully spent elsewhere.

4xC

Quote from: Grauniad on November 10, 2013, 06:45:18 PM
Quote from: 4xC on November 10, 2013, 06:31:51 PM
That option is there so the totems would behave as CW1 totems. They would take a charge and start spinning. Nothing to do with Aether production.

What use does CW1 totem behavior present? If the percentages do not rise even while they are not producing aether, what good does it do?
C,C,C,C

pawel345

It allows to place CPRL core that will check if all the totems are charged and if yes you win the map. J -> Tucana.

Grayzzur

What's missing is the ability to go in and check that box via CRPL on all totems so the player doesn't have to do it when starting a CW1-style map.
"Fate. It protects fools, little children, and ships named 'Enterprise.'" -William T. Riker

NFITC1

"CWF" also can be exploited to charge totems that are in creeper held territory using guppies. I usually turn that on for all totems at the beginning of a map.

There have been some maps where most, if not all totems are surrounded by/submerged in creeper. Sending guppies on suicide missions to charge them may not be the most efficient use of energy packets (I think guppies can dispense 20 packets before being destroyed), but over time the multiplier builds up and they get moderately productive. That has helped me win these maps although I'm almost certain they could have been completed with more efficiency. It does require a ridiculous amount of micro-managing.

4xC

Quote from: pawel345 on November 11, 2013, 03:43:09 AM
It allows to place CPRL core that will check if all the totems are charged and if yes you win the map. J -> Tucana.

WHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTT?!?!?!  :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

You mean to tell me that by charging up all totems on a map, you can win that way?!

Even though I was in the beta group for this game, I never got the message that was how it worked. And I don't recall the story text saying so either.

Sorry if I seem to be overreacting, but what you said just blew me away.
C,C,C,C