CW 2, Play as Loki

Started by BigRed45, March 20, 2010, 11:58:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigRed45

I'd like to see the story line continue with the re-emergance of the Loki controlled by the player against the Human race. As the Loki were multi-dimensional, perhaps we would see internal structure not seen in CW by the 4 dimensional humans. What was visible as "creep" may be the portion of Loki that is 4 dimensional and only a type of "cloud" that permits building other structures (i.e. Zerg in Starcraft). Perhaps some structures would allow intelligent flow of creeper against gravity or in certain directions, other structures may be attack/defense, maybe some can build/move emitters.

A fundamentally different strategy (building up mass and flow of Loki, vs individual attacks by discrete units of Humans) would make for interesting multiplayer experience. I would like to keep details few/simple. I am more compelled by this game than many major titles with big budgets and more fancy graphics. I think the strategy and story line (and simplicity)are a big hook for me. Other titles that release expansion packs are interesting, but adding more units/details on top of the existing ones make them more complex. Success then depends more on remembering a dizzy array of possible units rather than building and maintaining good strategy.
There has never been anything so permanent as a temporary tax.

Blaze

This has been suggested before. Always a cool idea though.

Twi

Quote from: Blaze on March 21, 2010, 12:29:55 AM
This has been suggested before. Always a cool idea though.
This. Several times, actually.
Currently watching: ARIA, Dog Days, and other unlikely things.
And some likely things, too!

Cheesecake

I don't see how playing as the creeper is really strategic, other than watching the AI attempt to defeat you -_-

JACKL

Think about how many process you brain does while playing this game.Now try to program in twice that much.javascript:void(0);
Old aunts used to come up to me at weddings, poke me in the ribs and cackle, telling me, "You're next." They stopped after I started doing the same thing to them at funerals.

Blaze

Quote from: JACKL on March 31, 2010, 06:42:23 PM
Think about how many process you brain does while playing this game.Now try to program in twice that much.javascript:void(0);

I don't get it.

Daos

My thoughts:

You get a map, where Odin and the totems are preset. Maybe some structures, too. As Loki you have a number of "creation points". Now you can set emitter at the borders of the map. You can spend your points for more area to set your emitter, or increasing intensity, intervall, etc. or modify the terrain by changing hight of some spots or creating walls.

Sqaz

The big problem with this would be the programming of Odin City, creeper is easy to program as it's programmed like heat flows, but there are so many possibilities for Odin City (where to build something, move something) that it would be impossible for Virgil to ever program it even if he had all the time he wanted.