Paint bombs/Mines

Started by xing, February 17, 2010, 04:26:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xing

in the Next Editor can we have the option to PAINT bombs Mines ? ( same tool as wall rather than placing them one by one )

jecowa

By "bombs" do you mean "mines"?

knucracker

You may already know this but if you place one mine, select it, then move your mouse elsewhere you can press the spacebar to create another mine.  Just tap the spacebar and you can create a pretty large number of mines rapidly.

xing

jecowa

teengamer

Virgil is awesome, isn't he.

SPIFFEN

An text under the map pops up when an objekt is selected ,
and it has been there for an while .
But it might be easy to miss when your focus is on the map =P
PLZ THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU CALL YOUR TOPIC ! It will make the search work better =)
My maps : http://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld/viewmaps.php?author=SPIFFEN
How to make links

Aurzel

slightly off topic but, it would be cool if there's dud mines too, creeper destroys them and they dont blow up ... obviously this doesnt offer much in the way of replayability since after the first go through the player will know which are real and which are duds
unless there's a % option so that each mine has a choosable percentage of being a dud, it would completely change the map each play through since you never know if each of the mines will go off and that would change the creeper's progression each play through

xing

Quote from: virgilw on February 17, 2010, 05:20:38 PM
You may already know this but if you place one mine, select it, then move your mouse elsewhere you can press the spacebar to create another mine.  Just tap the spacebar and you can create a pretty large number of mines rapidly.
I realy wish I knew that before making THIS MAP ...

SPIFFEN

Quote from: Aurzel on February 18, 2010, 08:18:05 AM
slightly off topic but, it would be cool if there's dud mines too, creeper destroys them and they dont blow up ... obviously this doesnt offer much in the way of replayability since after the first go through the player will know which are real and which are duds
unless there's a % option so that each mine has a choosable percentage of being a dud, it would completely change the map each play through since you never know if each of the mines will go off and that would change the creeper's progression each play through
Oh this is an very nice idea , that might make players to think twice before they restart the map .
And the maps should get an different score even when you "copy" your last gameplay .
PLZ THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU CALL YOUR TOPIC ! It will make the search work better =)
My maps : http://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld/viewmaps.php?author=SPIFFEN
How to make links

xing

Quote from: SPIFFEN on February 19, 2010, 10:51:40 AM
Oh this is an very nice idea , that might make players to think twice before they restart the map .
And the maps should get an different score even when you "copy" your last gameplay .

the problem with random game play is people complaining about 'lucky high scores' ....

crazyone76

what means 'dud'
go Dutch
go Netherlands
Holland ftw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sqaz

A dud (Device Unable to Detonate) is an ammunition round or explosive that fails to fire or detonate, that's what wikipedia says.

Aurzel

well xing a good play through doesnt rely on luck, so the best scores will all pretty much be obtainable through good gameplay not lucky mmine detonations