Weapon/Tool Ideas?

Started by Zoura3025, January 09, 2018, 10:54:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zoura3025

Just as a side note, I'm going to use units of resources based on CW3's unit standards.

Launcher

Utilising a high-arcing missile tech with a specialized shape, the Launcher's projectiles burl straight through creeper, only exploding once they hit solid land.

The Launcher uses 5 energy and 1.5 AC to fire every shot, and can hold up to 20 energy and 6 AC internally.

Fluid Pipes

The Fluid Pipes are a tool used in a creeper pumping system. They allow anticreeper AND creeper to be freely pumped through them, without taking damage.

Pump

The Pump pressurizes anticreeper (creeper will cause the pump to deactivate), and is built on pipes. It will give the anticreeper it pumps a moderate amount of velocity, which can lead to uses such as making geysers or elaborate, subterranean pumping system.

Fractal Tank

The tank compresses anticreeper for storage underground, up to a maximum capacity of 100 units. This could be useful for providing a secondary line of defense in your base (i.e.: a burst mechanic a la Makers in CW2), or just have some anticreeper in reserve without taking an immense amount of visible space.

Sprinkler

Basically an obscenely inaccurate sprayer, the Sprinkler pulses out AC in waves as opposed to small, individual globs.
(09:06:07) Zoura3025: But for us diehard fans: "Time is Sanity"

harrymcb

i have a few questions. for starters what is the difference between launchers and moarters? second sprinkler sounds exactly like a sprayer set to always on. pipes and pumps might be neat but i don't see many uses, besides the point of the game is creeper destroys everything so making something immune to it seems odd however it could be used to allow creeper to move from a valley to a valley without crossing the land between. maybe make it an enemy structure? the tank sounds good though. extra ac storage that actually holds it there, though i would have it above ground. and like you said a defense. i can imagine a wall of full tanks gets hit by a large wave then a flood of ac explodes out of them :)

planetfall

I don't really see much of a difference between launchers and mortars.

I wonder if there is room for a launcher that fills more the role of blasters. Since LOS is now more restrictive, the launcher would be able to disregard it with mini guided missiles, maybe have slightly more range, and use a different resource to fire. (Maybe missiles have their own recipe and the unit dynamic is "stockpile a bunch of missiles, then use them up in an aggressive push")
Pretty sure I'm supposed to be banned, someone might want to get on that.

Quote from: GoodMorning on December 01, 2016, 05:58:30 PM"Build a ladder to the moon" is simple as a sentence, but actually doing it is not.

FluppyGuppy

A CW2 style launcher? Able to circumnavigate difficult terrain at added cost. Or maybe just at the cost of replacing normal mortars?

That's an idea! I am thinking of a sort of tech tree outside each level. One where you chose which unit variations you want to use for the next fight. Each variation of a unit would have different strengths and weaknesses and different strategies. Just think of the strategic differences between CW2 launchers and CW3 mortars.
The resource costs associated can be another factor for consideration, but I wouldn't want my basic units to cost rare resources just to function.