Particle Game Mode

Started by GameGibu, February 09, 2016, 05:37:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Qwerty Quazo

Last one (probably):

If you set min (and max) velocity to 5 or more, particles go to the right only, and not up, down or left.

Can you fix that?
The brain is complicated. Use it or lose it.

GameGibu

Quote from: Qwerty Quazo on February 12, 2016, 04:16:50 PM
Last one (probably):

If you set min (and max) velocity to 5 or more, particles go to the right only, and not up, down or left.

Can you fix that?

That's probably a side-effect of the speed limit that keeps hyperspace particles from materializing inside your base. I guess I'll just have it max starting velocity must be under 5, which is still a good speed considering the limit is 4 pixels per 1/30 of a second, or 120 pixels/second.

-GameGibu
Bringing you Custom maps since 2971!
☆CRPL Master☆

GameGibu

Hey guys, I would love to see some maps you can make using this plugin!

It would also spruce up colonial space a bit, since there seem to be too many achievement maps floating around recently.

-GameGibu
☆CRPL Master☆

Builder17

How about emulating particle fleet ships?

Nicant

I'm going to make a particle map soon! :) (I need to take a break from sleeper stuff :P ) http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=19605.msg137398#msg137398
CW4 hype!!

Nicant

I have a suggestion for the particles! You should have an option on an emitter that decides if the particles can bounce off of walls and or certain terrain levels!
CW4 hype!!

Qwerty Quazo

Waiting for the update to upload the map...

Any ideas for story?
The brain is complicated. Use it or lose it.

GameGibu

It's story-telling. But the story for my next map should introduce the next game mechanic I'll add.

-GameGibu
☆CRPL Master☆

GameGibu

So... Who wants to guess the next (small-ish) game mechanic I've added to the particles?

Chance to win an appearance/easter egg reference in one of my maps!

Closes 2016.02.20 23:59 Earth Standard Time, posts will be disqualified if edited after deadline.

Best of luck!  ;D ;D

-GameGibu
☆CRPL Master☆

TLFP

Quote from: GameGibu on February 19, 2016, 10:11:53 AM
So... Who wants to guess the next (small-ish) game mechanic I've added to the particles?

Chance to win an appearance/easter egg reference in one of my maps!

Closes 2016.02.20 23:59 Earth Standard Time, posts will be disqualified if edited after deadline.

Best of luck!  ;D ;D

-GameGibu
Blue particles, and/or particle fields would be my guess.  :D
Currently ghosting, don't mind me.
Christian, my list of various content creation groups can be found here

GameGibu

I said small, not huge... Just large enough to warrant a new map to introduce the mechanic.

-GameGibu
☆CRPL Master☆

Builder17

Maybe ship to fight particles?

GameGibu

I have that planned for FAR future version, that'll take a lot of coding and that's a truly MASSIVE change in gameplay... So, no.

That's not to say you shouldn't look forward to that feature, but it's way off in the future...  ;)

-GameGibu

Ships should appear in Particles V2.
That way, a lighter version of particles could be implemented. Ship control would have to use the focus transfer algorithm I have yet to translate to CRPL from my other applications.
☆CRPL Master☆

TLFP

Quote from: GameGibu on February 19, 2016, 10:56:02 AM
I have that planned for FAR future version, that'll take a lot of coding and that's a truly MASSIVE change in gameplay... So, no.

That's not to say you shouldn't look forward to that feature, but it's way off in the future...  ;)

-GameGibu

Ships should appear in Particles V2.
That way, a lighter version of particles could be implemented. Ship control would have to use the focus transfer algorithm I have yet to translate to CRPL from my other applications.
The emitters can move?
Currently ghosting, don't mind me.
Christian, my list of various content creation groups can be found here

GameGibu

☆CRPL Master☆