Wiki reference still have lots of undocumented functions?

Started by kai, February 03, 2014, 03:45:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kai

For example: IsCreeperInRange
I know that using GetCreeper loop will be able to do this easily. I'm just curious, because the IsCreeperInRange takes 7 variables and return 1...
Also I figure out the CreateIndicatorArrow and DestroyIndicatorArrow is quite interesting too!
CreateIndicatorArrow(id screenx screeny) (the arrow is so cute :D)
DestroyIndicatorArrow(id)

well... why these functions are still not documented?

Grauniad

Quote from: kai on February 03, 2014, 03:45:28 AM
well... why these functions are still not documented?

Why? Well, the durned documentation monkey done gone on strike. Don't want to work for peanuts no more.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

Grayzzur

It's a Wiki. Most of the documentation there has been updated by the community. Lately the features have been coming rather fast, and I don't think anyone's had a chance to play with them enough to understand them enough to take a stab at documenting them.

Though that does bring up a question to my mind -- Virgil, how difficult would it be for you to dump a list of all the CRPL keywords? If that's quick-n-easy, it would help us make sure we haven't missed anything hiding in a forum post or the change log. Also, my Notepad++ syntax highlighter is getting more out of date with each update!
"Fate. It protects fools, little children, and ships named 'Enterprise.'" -William T. Riker

Grauniad

Grayzzur

That list is for missing commands with respect to the wiki. I'd still kind of like to see a complete list too, if not too much trouble, either here or there.
"Fate. It protects fools, little children, and ships named 'Enterprise.'" -William T. Riker

Grauniad

I'll ask Virgil and see if I can put up a comparative list. The best place for it will be the Wiki, since that can auto-generate missing page lists and all can update it as commands are added, IMHO.

The (hopefully) complete  list of documented commands is here and is automatically generated provided all the documents describing commands are  in the correct location

knucracker

Let me see what I can do.  I have a list of constants that might only need just a little post preparation before I can post the list.

Grayzzur

Quote from: Grauniad on February 03, 2014, 09:14:20 AM
The (hopefully) complete  list of documented commands is here and is automatically generated provided all the documents describing commands are in the correct location
Unfortunately, that's based strictly on how the wiki is set up. For instance, it lists the commands "read" and "write", which are actually just the tags for the "<-VARNAME" and "->VARNAME" operators. I'll probably add in some more of the missing commands today unless someone else beats me to it.

eduran: I'll give your syntax files a spin.

Grauniad

OK, I updated the pinned topic here with this reference list to missing CRPL commands.

Please continue this conversation in the pinned topic. I'm locking this one and may even decide to merge it later.

I also moved eduran's code highlighting examples into another pinned thread dealing with that. Maybe others can find it that way as well.