DecemberMediumLow
JanuaryLargeHigh
We have become the creeper...

DethbyIT

Interesting and fun.
Thanks for putting it together.
dbit

ctuna

Couldn't figure out how to defeat the 4th emitter (on the left, with the field pulsating). Any hints?

DethbyIT

Quote from: ctuna on December 26, 2011, 11:18:04 AM
Couldn't figure out how to defeat the 4th emitter (on the left, with the field pulsating). Any hints?

Tell me which map and I'll take a look at it.
I've learned from some of the old-timers around here that there is almost always a simple way to get around some difficult situations.

ctuna

DethbyIT

OK - I just started another map and will load January when I'm done.

DethbyIT

Quote from: ctuna on December 26, 2011, 11:18:04 AM

That one is pretty far down the terrain so you have had plenty of time to build up huge energy and Technobytes.

I had saved all of my ore to that point, so I attacked with Blasters, Launchers (lots of them), and one maker on the "x4" setting.

My attack point was from the center (from right to left) and it isn't very hard to take out a 6445K Emitter. I would start with about 8 Blasters and 12 Launchers - and save before the fight. If that isn't enough weaponry, just re-load at that point and build more before attacking.

By that point you should have maxed out all of your weapons improvements, so you have a lot of firepower leading the way.
dbit

ctuna

Thanks, dbit.

I just finally killed it by stacking 3 ranks of 4 repulsors below the emitter on the left edge of the map, supposing that if I could keep the far left column protected from the creeper, I could get a nullifier close enough. It took several tries to get the timing right, waiting for the surge of creeper to go to the other side. I wasted a lot of time that I should have been doing something else with, so I'll try your way next time.

DethbyIT

ctuna

Yep! I may try to refine it later, tho too late for the tournament. Thanks again.

thepenguin

Tournament Results

RankPlayerTotal Score
1.DethbyIT56414
2.Katra55397
3.ctuna45177*
4.WeenBeans22580*

* Did not finish all maps.
We have become the creeper...

DethbyIT

thepenguin - thanks for putting this together.
Will there be more?
dbit

ctuna

DBI:

Since you won, the previous tradition (Chronum  in CW1) was that you selected the next week's maps. If you feel like it, "Make it so!"

Since the holidays may interfere with some players' availability, you might want to extend the next deadline.

DethbyIT

Quote from: ctuna on December 29, 2011, 07:01:06 PM
DBI:

Since you won, the previous tradition (Chronum  in CW1) was that you selected the next week's maps. If you feel like it, "Make it so!"

Since the holidays may interfere with some players' availability, you might want to extend the next deadline.

Excellent! Thank you for advising me.
Let me put some thought into and and try to come up with something.
I'll look back through some of the old topics and "Make it so!"
dbit