Automate Guppies

Started by Discordmerch, February 01, 2015, 01:48:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Discordmerch

Is there a way to automate Guppies so that if they are destroyed once they are rebuilt they automatically go back to the same spot?

Karsten75

Discordmerch

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Oh well, I guess I can live with that.  When a totem is buried deep in creeper I will send guppies to their deaths to collect a little and then just keep resending them.  If they could be automated to be sent to where they were destroyed without being given new instructions it would be easier, but hardly game breaking.

Grayzzur

You can issue the order to go back before they are fully rebuilt and recharged, and they'll go as soon as they are ready. Or you can fly them around and let them repair instead of being destroyed, but that's a level of micromanagement I usually can't stand.
"Fate. It protects fools, little children, and ships named 'Enterprise.'" -William T. Riker

iamltr27

Quote from: Discordmerch on February 02, 2015, 01:32:55 AM
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Oh well, I guess I can live with that.  When a totem is buried deep in creeper I will send guppies to their deaths to collect a little and then just keep resending them.  If they could be automated to be sent to where they were destroyed without being given new instructions it would be easier, but hardly game breaking.

I had not thought of doing that.
Thanks for a new tool in my kit.

Tjgalon

I believe I read this was done cause of the slight supply drain it can cause if you do not realize it keep trying to return to a place that bad to return too.

Cavemaniac

Quote from: Discordmerch on February 02, 2015, 01:32:55 AM
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

A way more manageable version of the above is, if you've got the space and more than one CN, land or fly over the spare CN by the swamped totem.

CNs are really resistant to creeper and last ages, even when buried in creeper.

Looks like you're happy to swap energy for ether, so pulling a CN out of your network would be a small sacrifice.
Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

stoey

Have you tried putting a guppo on a power zone? OMFG.