Custom Map #494: Respawners. By: Atrex

Started by AutoPost, April 25, 2014, 08:30:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #494: Respawners

Author: Atrex
Size: 140x140

Desc:
The creeper has a new weapon: emitters that respawn when killed! (The CRPL tower loses 1/10 of its health per nullifier shot, but it regenerates fairly quickly)

Loren Pechtel

Is the respawning supposed to work like a hydra--as I kill emitters there are more and more and more of them.  By the time I finally got the tower the entire respawn area was nearly solid with power zones.

Atrex

Yes. Every time an emitter is killed, there is a chance it will replace it with two instead of one.

Gameboytm101

Whoa!
This was a map I had quite a lot of fun with :)
This concept should totally be used in more maps.

TruAtrex

If anyone is interested, this is the code for the respawning(The nullifier resistance is a simple separate script, and the regen is actually an inherent property of CRPL towers)
# Respawn.crpl
# Created on: 4/25/2014 4:50:46 PM
# ------------------------------------------

$boostNumChance:0.2
$power:25
$interval:10
$range:20
once
GetEnemyUnitsInRange(CurrentCoords <-range) ->total
endonce
if (GetEnemyUnitsInRange(CurrentCoords <-range) lt(<-total))
   CreateUnit("EMITTER" RandCoordsInRange(CurrentCoords 20)) ->child
   SetScriptVar(<-child 0 "productionInterval" <-interval)
   SetScriptVar(<-child 0 "productionAmt" <-power 1000000 mul)
   randfloat <-boostNumChance lt if
   <-total 1 add ->total
   endif
endif
Delay(15)

NickHounsome

This is a nice idea but the range should probably include the whole map - By the time I had worked down to the respawn corner I had enough firepower to take everything out in one go - no respawn problems.

Atrex

I agree, but with the present version of the script, making the range cover the whole map would also let emitters respawn anywhere. Having the new emitter pop up on top of your command node would be nasty. Maybe I'll work on a version that makes sure the emitter respawns close to its original position.