Tooltip extension

Started by Ranakastrasz, December 31, 2009, 09:53:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ranakastrasz

When you have a building selected (to build). and you mouse over the bar on the bottom that gives slight info on the building, it should expand, and give all vital stats.

the collector for example would display

building cost
connection range
farming range
Power gained per farmed square

The blaster would display

building cost
capacity (ammo packs)
cost per shot
the amount and shape of creep destroyed per shot
shots per second
shot range
connection range
seconds can survive in creep
move speed (when flying)

The drone base would display

building cost
capacity (requirement per drone attack)
connection range
move speed(drone speed)
when/how many blasts, passes, and otherwise the drone does
the amount and shape of creep destroyed per blast

EDIT: Add the information to the game manual instead, as there are some people (like me) Who would like this information to be accessible.

djcian

this might be something to have in the game on the menu but after playing the game for a little while you don't need any of this and it can sometimes get annoying when you accidentally mouse over something and all of this information pops up without you wanting it to.  besides i have never found myself wanting to know or even care about some of the info below.  at the most the more technical stuff could be on the wiki while basic stuff being on an info tab in the pause menu.
grant me the serenity to accept the things i can not change, the courage to change the things i can, and the wisdom to know the difference

jecowa

Maybe the listing of every single detail on the units would fit better into the game manual.

djcian

yeah i could see that happening
grant me the serenity to accept the things i can not change, the courage to change the things i can, and the wisdom to know the difference