Main Menu

Adjustments

Started by haloguy48, December 31, 2009, 02:38:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

haloguy48

The idea came up late last night while working on a small portion of part 9. I think when in the Editor that you should be able to adjust how much things can do or how many can be down overall.

An example:

COLLECTOR
Energy per square: .1
Range: Diamond: 5 squares
Power needed to build: 6
Number allowed(leave blank for infinite): 10

THOR
Range: Normal: 40 squares
Attack Power: 20
Power needed to build: 200
Movement Speed: 1 square per second
Number allowed(leave blank for infinite): 3
Enable anti Air?: Yes

so what do you all think?
~Pew Pew Pew!~ 
Building campaigns from the echos of forgotten experiences.
~Pew Pew Pew!~

Mrmcdeath

Life Lesson #1
When life gives you lemons make lemonade.
Life Lesson #2
Unless life also gives you sugar and a cup, your lemonades gonna suck.

Karsten75

Wow! This ties in with something I've just been thinking about and came here to post.

I'm thinking that collectors should get different levels of energy from different terrain. Low valleys should be more productive than high peaks. (As an offset, perhaps relays on high ground can reach further than relays in valleys?) And then from there, a collector can collect from terrain at different altitudes in its reach, but just at different rates? Some penalty for the terrain not being at the same level as the collector?

haloguy48

Quote from: Karsten75 on December 31, 2009, 02:57:25 PM
Wow! This ties in with something I've just been thinking about and came here to post.

I'm thinking that collectors should get different levels of energy from different terrain. Low valleys should be more productive than high peaks. (As an offset, perhaps relays on high ground can reach further than relays in valleys?) And then from there, a collector can collect from terrain at different altitudes in its reach, but just at different rates? Some penalty for the terrain not being at the same level as the collector?

So like, instead of the collector stalling at the edge of higher terrian it covers it instead? That sounds nice! It would have to be around half for penalty I would think though. As for different levels giving different energy... Why not just throw in a new type of terrian? A higher energy part of terrian and a lower energy part. So on the high energy terrian the collectors work better and on the lower ones, it does the opposite. I think eaither of our ideas would work very well, it just depends on which one is more complex in coding...
~Pew Pew Pew!~ 
~Pew Pew Pew!~

Dranar

Maybe add a limit to the energy collection, you dont want your energy to say:

99999999999999999999999999/99999999999999999999999999

And covering the whole screen.
The Reactor - The Reactor of all Reactors

jecowa

I like the idea of being able to build limited numbers of particular units. It gives me an idea for a map.

haloguy48

YES I AM BUMPING THIS UP FROM THE 4th page of Suggestions... I think this should still be considered.
~Pew Pew Pew!~ 
~Pew Pew Pew!~

TheBuilder

Settings for each unit, high/low energy terrain, higher up = longer range.
The ideas just keep coming, keep it up guys.
Not even death can stop the truly determined.

I told them, "I want to add to the world."
They said, "Then learn how to use the editor."
I asked, "What is the editor?"
They said, "Life."