Map Idea

Started by Shimizu, February 29, 2012, 02:15:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shimizu

I really really want to do something with this but my knowledge of creeper fields is vastly insufficient to create the desired effect.  I was going to make little transparent tiles shaped like molecules too..anyone have any ideas of how this could be made into ' a cool map' with minimal use of complex field functions? ;P
Meow?

2b3o4o

Hmm, I think I know what you could do with that. Perhaps have two emitters, one for anti-creeper, the other for creeper. The anti creeper one would be at the top of the red strand, and the creeper one would be at the top of the blue one. The liberation ship would be at the bottom. Creeper/anti-creeper would flow down them, and you would have to protect the LS. Room for reactors could be at either side of the DNA, hope that helped! :D

Ebon Heart

If you got the layout of the map done, maybe you could ask someone who knows about complex field functions. If only you knew someone who was good with fields... It's a thinker. :P
EDIT: 2000th post. :D
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!

lich98

Ooo i know someone whos good with fields. its you ebon. could you held out
I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I've ever known.
-Walt Disney
This is like deja vu all over again.
-Yogi Berra

Ebon Heart

Quote from: lich98 on February 29, 2012, 03:44:39 PM
Ooo i know someone whos good with fields. its you ebon. could you held out
That's a great idea, I'd never even thought of that!!!  ::)

Shimizu

:P

I have been messing with it but I am trying to make the creeper 'flow' along the strands without 'chunking up' ....stay posted this project will be done eventually. 
Meow?

2b3o4o

Quote from: Shimizu on March 06, 2012, 06:01:12 PM
:P

I have been messing with it but I am trying to make the creeper 'flow' along the strands without 'chunking up' ....stay posted this project will be done eventually. 
Cool! Perhaps instead of just having the creeper flow across the strands normally, you could have pin fields move creeper between the two sides?

Shimizu

Yeah, if I could figure out how to do that.

On a related note, I'm seriously contemplating creating an archive of 'half finished projects' where I get a fun idea, make it pretty, then get frustrated halfway through messing with the fields and abandon it.  My hard drive is filling with such things.  Maybe someone else has an interest in the technical stuff?
Meow?

2b3o4o

Quote from: Shimizu on March 06, 2012, 07:19:56 PM

On a related note, I'm seriously contemplating creating an archive of 'half finished projects' where I get a fun idea, make it pretty, then get frustrated halfway through messing with the fields and abandon it.  My hard drive is filling with such things.  Maybe someone else has an interest in the technical stuff?
Well, if you want, I could do it for you... I'm not sure Ebon is available with ATF to work on... :P

Ebon Heart

Quote from: 2b3o4o on March 06, 2012, 07:45:21 PM
Quote from: Shimizu on March 06, 2012, 07:19:56 PM

Well, if you want, I could do it for you... I'm not sure Ebon is available with ATF to work on... :P
I'm available, I'm trying to take frequent breaks from ATF2 to prevent damage to my laptop.... or my wall. :P