GameGibu's Maps (2016.02.19)

Started by GameGibu, December 31, 2015, 09:56:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GameGibu

A place  for everyone to discuss my maps in general, and where I can post work-in-progress maps as well as update you guys on my new maps.

Particles Sighted Near Granturn Alpha!
Abraxis is on his way to the third mysterious sighting of particles, this time in low orbit around Granturn Alpha, a star turned superplanet due to cooling.

As they approach Granturn Alpha, Lia will continue research on the data gathered from their recent victory near Tonystark. Will there be any new ways to defend ourselves from the particle threat? Only time will tell. And our last time machine was just stolen...

This newscast brought to you by:
-GameGibu
Bringing you Custom maps since 2971!
☆CRPL Master☆

Michionlion

I don't see any attachment, just so you know. Make sure you went into 'Attachments and other options', and selected the 'Choose File' option, found your file, and uploaded it. You have to be on the actual reply page, not the quick reply box below the posts.
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

Builder17

And saved changes after successfully attaching file.  :)

Johnny Haywire

I was thinking it'd be cool to have like a pyramid vs pyramid battle using Tek's pyramid scripts which he got from some other dude I think. Dunno if it's possible to switch the normal AC production into creeper production (?), and maybe even combine that with the volcano script that spews out spores and stuff.

What would be totally mean (and significantly more difficult) is if those mines reproduced and popped up in random places (within a designated area that is... don't want them popping up under a CN. Or maybe you DOooOOoo... buwahahah). As for the emitter strength I guess that'd depend on what kinda weapons & resources are available. Obviously, you're not finished with this - and I'm guessing you'll make the emitter strong enough to overpower a shield + terp + guppy rush... I'm sure whatever it is will be good. You seem to do a good job balancing maps out. I'd be glad to test out something for you if that'd help.  ;D
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?

GameGibu

Thanks for the input!:D

Spoiler
Right now I'm working on a script for moving your units around along with shifting terrain. Should end up either as a really cool game mechanic or as a lag machine. (Probably the lag machine :P)
[close]

I'm not yet into using other people's scripts, since as I have stated before I've had this game for about a week. I've learned more than a lot, but mostly through trial and removal of my maps from colonial space.

It seems that I like to find maps that other people make and improve them (Omaha Beach by DaWall for example), but I'm getting more and more into the scripting of it and less in the mapbuilding. I think I need a good map to work off of.

Johnny Haywire, you seem to play a lot of maps, maybe you cold find me some to modify? All I need is the original author(s) and any credits they make to other users. I like giving people credit for their work. ;)

Thanks all!
-GameGibu

P.S. Here's my movement script as of 23:00 Earth Standard Time on 2016.01.02 for anyone who's interested:
(keep in mind it's not finished but I've tried to provide good documentation  for my functions) :)
once "
" ->newline endonce
@run

:run

:awake
Self "main" "NONE" SetImage

#Moves all units in a defined area one space in the specified direction
#Args: xStart yStart xDimension yDimension moveDirection
#moveDirection: 0=right, 1=down, 2=left, 3=up
:moveUnitsArea
->DIR
->yDIM
->xDIM
->y1
->x1
@detectUnitsArea
->count
0 ->ILOOP
while <-ILOOP <-count lt repeat
->unit
if(<-DIR 0 eq)
<-unit CONST_COORDX <-unit CONST_COORDX GetUnitAttribute 1 add SetUnitAttribute
else
if(<-DIR 1 eq)
<-unit CONST_COORDY <-unit CONST_COORDY GetUnitAttribute 1 add SetUnitAttribute
else
if(<-DIR 2 eq)
<-unit CONST_COORDX <-unit CONST_COORDX GetUnitAttribute 1 sub SetUnitAttribute
else
if(<-DIR 3 eq)
<-unit CONST_COORDY <-unit CONST_COORDY GetUnitAttribute 1 sub SetUnitAttribute
else
ShowTraceLog
Trace("Error occurred while trying to move unit: " <-unit concat " at: X=" concat <-unit CONST_COORDX GetUnitAttribute concat " Y=" concat <-unit CONST_COORDY GetUnitAttribute concat <-newline concat "Stack:" concat)
TraceStack
endif
endif
endif
endif
endwhile

#pushes all the units in the specified area to the stack, followed by the number of units found
#Args: xStart yStart xDimension yDimension
:detectUnitsArea
->yDIM
->xDIM
->y1
->x1
0 ->FOUND
0 ->ILOOP
0 ->JLOOP
while <-ILOOP lt(<-xDIM) repeat
0 ->JLOOP
while <-JLOOP lt(<-yDIM) repeat
GetUnitAt(<-x1 <-ILOOP add <-y1 <-JLOOP add) ->unit
if(<-unit -1 eq)

else
<-unit
<-FOUND 1 add ->FOUND
endif
<-JLOOP 1 add ->JLOOP
endwhile
<-ILOOP 1 add ->ILOOP
endwhile

#WARNING: Large area modification may result in significant loss of performance!!!
:FillSetTerrain
->height
->yDIM
->xDIM
->y1
->x1
0 ->ILOOP
0 ->JLOOP
SetTerrain(<-x1 <-ILOOP add <-y1 <-JLOOP add <-height)
<-JLOOP 1 add ->JLOOP
endwhile
<-ILOOP 1 add ->ILOOP
endwhile

:FillAddCreeper
->Amt
->yDIM
->xDIM
->y1
->x1
0 ->ILOOP
0 ->JLOOP
AddCreeper(<-x1 <-ILOOP add <-y1 <-JLOOP add <-Amt)
<-JLOOP 1 add ->JLOOP
endwhile
<-ILOOP 1 add ->ILOOP
endwhile

:FillSetCreeper
->Amt
->yDIM
->xDIM
->y1
->x1
0 ->ILOOP
0 ->JLOOP
SetCreeper(<-x1 <-ILOOP add <-y1 <-JLOOP add <-Amt)
<-JLOOP 1 add ->JLOOP
endwhile
<-ILOOP 1 add ->ILOOP
endwhile

I wrote all that in about an hour... :o
☆CRPL Master☆

Johnny Haywire

Yeah, I'll see which maps I rated highly. I don't play as much as some - I've finished about 1/5 of the maps on CS I think. I tend to like the ones that are "different". Here's a list of my favs - and a lot of them are PAC or Sleeper maps, btw.

2847, 2825, 2819, 2816, 2814, 2790, 1962, 1788

These I rated as "10". I only have 12 maps rated 10... about 1/20 out of all I've rated.

2805, 2753, 2757, 2728, 2669, 2441, 2578, 2304, 1511, 2020, 1607, 209
Several of those "10s" should have some pretty interesting custom scripts for you to perhaps get some ideas from or whatever. Hope that helps!

GameGibu

I'll look at these and see what I can do.

Thanks!  :D ;D
-GameGibu
☆CRPL Master☆

GameGibu

I've made a new map: Creeper's Causeway.

I based it off of one of the parts of a DMD map that I named, but other than that central road, this is completely original.
(in fact I erased the entire map after I imported it from DMD and redrew everything, so at most the road is slightly reminiscent of the DMD map.)

I spent most of my time working on a special feature for this map: cannons, and what they fired: good-old-fashioned energy-propelled balls of iron.

So check it out here.

And remember to download the  map and see the cannons in action! (and hear them, at least for a short time before you go deaf ;))

Warmest regards,
-GameGibu
☆CRPL Master☆

GameGibu

Quote from: Johnny Haywire on January 03, 2016, 12:16:41 AM
Here's a list of my favs - and a lot of them are PAC or Sleeper maps, btw.

2847, 2825, 2819, 2816, 2814, 2790, 1962, 1788

These I rated as "10". I only have 12 maps rated 10... about 1/20 out of all I've rated.

2805, 2753, 2757, 2728, 2669, 2441, 2578, 2304, 1511, 2020, 1607, 209
Several of those "10s" should have some pretty interesting custom scripts for you to perhaps get some ideas from or whatever. Hope that helps!

Hmm, maybe not these ones, because I'm finding today that the ones you rate highly are pretty good already, and don't really need to be redone. I'm thinking maybe you could deliver me a few that you rated low but thought had potential or you thought lacked complexity, and I can bring them up to speed, giving the original author a  boost. Also, I've realized as I'm typing this that other people's crpl is not really for me to touch, since their scripts more often than not are exactly the way they want them, or are special to coords on the map that I shouldn't change. So if you could list maps with potential, I might be able to do an extreme makeover in a constructive way.

I really appreciate what you are doing though :D ;D , and don't forget to check out each new map I create and tell me what you think in each one's respective forum page. I keep those open and refresh often, so chances are any questions will be answered within a few minutes of the original upload, and after any other uploads of mine.  8)

And that goes for y'all out there watching these conversations. check out my maps and tell me what you like and what you don't like! ;D ;D ;D

-GameGibu
☆CRPL Master☆

Michionlion

Feel free to take a look at some of my old maps (all of them relatively close to map #0), and do some re-doing. They are pretty old, but could be spiced up a bit with CRPL - none of them have any, and that could provide an interesting experience.
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

GameGibu

I'll look at those soon. Thanks for offering! :D

-GameGibu
☆CRPL Master☆

J

Quote from: Johnny Haywire on January 05, 2016, 01:56:44 PM
If that's the case, then here's a scenario that should work: Post a map you can't beat on this forum and let people try to beat it. If anyone can beat it w/o using cheats, then you could beat it WITH the cheat (just make sure you take a long time to win so people can beat your score) and then post it. Anyway, I think that'd work...
The most legal possible way is to ask someone to send you a save with the map almost completed. The game shouldn't be able to detect that (unless you edited the map in meantime) and you have a legal score to post.

GameGibu

Quote from: Johnny Haywire on January 05, 2016, 01:56:44 PM
...I think you'd be able to make a map that you personally can't beat. But if the other person beats it does that mean he has to post it?

If that's the case, then here's a scenario that should work: Post a map you can't beat on this forum and let people try to beat it. If anyone can beat it w/o using cheats, then you could beat it WITH the cheat (just make sure you take a long time to win so people can beat your score) and then post it. Anyway, I think that'd work...

Quote from: J on January 05, 2016, 02:18:07 PM
The most legal possible way is to ask someone to send you a save with the map almost completed. The game shouldn't be able to detect that (unless you edited the map in meantime) and you have a legal score to post.

I'd prefer to credit whoever completes it or nearly completes it, as long as it's a legit score.

So I'll get working on a mind-bendingly difficult map A.S.A.P., although possible may not be very soon due too a recent prank involving my terminal and an airlock...

So in the meantime, enjoy this over and over and over and over as I have: .

Sincerely,
GameGibu

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
When will you stop?
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Well, you got to here. Maybe you should turn back...
Spoiler
I thought not.
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Congratulations!
Spoiler
You've just wasted a minute of your time. But you enjoyed it. That's what games are too!  :P
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
☆CRPL Master☆

GameGibu

Why don't we get back to the original topic here. I don't know how to shorten this page, so conversation comments could get really out of hand and distract readers. I'm considering quoting all the current replies and putting them under a spoiler button in the topic post so that we can delete the oldest replies and conversations, allowing more recent comments to appear higher up on the page. Of course, that would also require moderator action or voluntary deletion of the replies I save, and that might not happen.

I would like this to remain a clear and concise forum post. :)

-GameGibu
☆CRPL Master☆

Johnny Haywire

Ok, deleted some of my irrelevant posts and stuff... You can modify & delete your own posts but I guess no one else's. Cheers!  ;D