Pass the map 6-Let's make a map together

Started by pawel345, April 06, 2015, 06:40:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grayzzur

Pro Tip: Always SAVE the map before play testing, so you can LOAD it after and avoid messing things up.

In addition to walls, other craziness ensues. Enemy units start building and just trying to reset the map often leads to those crazy build percentages you sometimes see.

It's extremely important on these Pass The Map maps, because you really don't know what you're corrupting on someone else's square.
"Fate. It protects fools, little children, and ships named 'Enterprise.'" -William T. Riker

theo

Quote from: Grayzzur on April 08, 2015, 11:30:03 AM
Pro Tip: Always SAVE the map before play testing, so you can LOAD it after and avoid messing things up.

In addition to walls, other craziness ensues. Enemy units start building and just trying to reset the map often leads to those crazy build percentages you sometimes see.

It's extremely important on these Pass The Map maps, because you really don't know what you're corrupting on someone else's square.
Yeah, I ended up with a giant shrinking spore tower in Movetrus II when I tried to reset time. It was at 245% build percentage and it was shrinking until it reached 100%.

theo

UNLOCKED
Removed one guppy, added a runner nest to the corrupted shield square and added a shield key next to the guppy to test if this map has been defeated by the player in future maps and maybe also in my maps.
Here's the key:f9f9286da0c540e889f073f4660b92ac

J

One thing my OCD can't stand: the terrain suddenly jumps from 4 to 5 for no apparent reason (and you touched a little bit of my section).
Is there a reason why you removed the terp tech? If not I'd like to see it put back (no need to do that immediatly, I'll most likely run over the entire map to fix these little things before it's posted).
As this map is not part of a series (or ever going to be), I wouldn't recommend using shield keys. Never force players to play maps they don't want to play (or punish them if they played a map they liked). You can use keys in your own maps, but there's no need for them in this map.

theo

LOCKED UNLOCKED
Removed the shield key.
The terp tech was removed because the corrupted relay near the fire convert drops it on death now.

pawel345

Maybe leave the terp tech where it was (I will add it later) and add a different tech to drop, like for example the relay tech(since it is a corrupted relay??) Since removing it form J sector does count as changing another persons square.

theo

LOCKED UNLOCKED
The corrupted relay drops relay tech and the terp tech is back in it's place.

J

I wouldn't have said a word about moving the terp tech if I knew the relay dropped the tech (edit: would have known it if pawel didn't post ::) ). But yeah, it's better now (relay drops relay), otherwise people could complain about the randomness of the terp tech (like in ptm3 (the sea+boats one)).
Quote from: theo on April 08, 2015, 11:38:36 AM
added a runner nest to the corrupted shield square
I only see an extra message artifact?

theo

It's in the left corner, near the corrupted relay. It only spawns two runners.

pawel345

UNLOCKED

Lost in Nowhere

Don't die! :)

Lost in Nowhere

Unlocked!
Don't die! :)

Asbestos

UNLOCKED