CW 3 - No cancel on right-click on #PlayAsCreeper maps

Started by Csimbi, November 09, 2014, 04:14:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Csimbi

Hi there,
I set the right-click action to 'Cancel' (in game settings in the main menu).
However, right-click does not have any effect in any of the #PlayAsCreeper maps (which I love, BTW).
Thanks for fixing!

pawel345

That's something you should write in the custom maps section. http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=17120.0 As #PlayAsCreeper is CRPL then the rigth-click cancel would have to be coded in there and that's something only the maker of those maps can do(will not happen probably as it's rather tough to make). So it's not a bug, it's just that the custom CRPL controls used in #PlayAsCreeper have nothiing in common with the settings used in the rest of the game, and are custom defined by the mapmaker.

teknotiss

Quote from: Csimbi on November 09, 2014, 04:14:44 AM
Hi there,
I set the right-click action to 'Cancel' (in game settings in the main menu).
However, right-click does not have any effect in any of the #PlayAsCreeper maps (which I love, BTW).
Thanks for fixing!

yes, but space works, and you can bind any keu you prefer in options.

Quote from: pawel345 on November 09, 2014, 06:04:58 AM
That's something you should write in the custom maps section. http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=17120.0 As #PlayAsCreeper is CRPL then the rigth-click cancel would have to be coded in there and that's something only the maker of those maps can do(will not happen probably as it's rather tough to make). So it's not a bug, it's just that the custom CRPL controls used in #PlayAsCreeper have nothiing in common with the settings used in the rest of the game, and are custom defined by the mapmaker.

agreed, the code monkeys would have put it in if it was easy
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

stdout

The above is correct. The controls in #PlayAsCreeper are completely custom built in CRPL by stewbasic. Space and Escape are the two unselect keys.

GetMouseButtonDown(1) could be added as a test, and it's possible for future maps, but the existing maps couldn't be changed, so I'd be hesitant to add this to future maps, lest the users become confused by inconsistent controls across the various maps.

planetfall

Pretty sure I'm supposed to be banned, someone might want to get on that.

Quote from: GoodMorning on December 01, 2016, 05:58:30 PM"Build a ladder to the moon" is simple as a sentence, but actually doing it is not.

Hubs

I doubt that it would even be helpful to add this as it would collide with panning the map. A lot of times I'll select a spore tower than pan over to a part of the map to target using right click and drag. If this feature was added every time you pan it would deselect your tower. One viable option may be to track mouse coordinates between mouse down and mouse up to see if the mouse moved at all for panning. If the mouse didn't move it could be assumed the user wanted to deselect.

teknotiss

Quote from: Hubs on December 04, 2014, 09:05:15 AM
I doubt that it would even be helpful to add this as it would collide with panning the map. A lot of times I'll select a spore tower than pan over to a part of the map to target using right click and drag. If this feature was added every time you pan it would deselect your tower. One viable option may be to track mouse coordinates between mouse down and mouse up to see if the mouse moved at all for panning. If the mouse didn't move it could be assumed the user wanted to deselect.

i think we'll just have to promote the use of space for cancel for now.
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

stdout