CW1 and CW3 map editor suggestions

Started by Edward, June 29, 2014, 08:07:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Edward

Hi.
I like the CW series alot. It has gotten me hooked! I think the main reason I like it is for the little energy pellets that move across the network. The effect is of course destroyed once I upgrade the speed. :p

But anyways, I would like to suggest something for the map editors to CW1 and CW3. Would it be possible to incorporate a function where you select an image that will generate the terrain height? Whether it be grey scale or full color, maybe using the overall values of the RGB. I would think it to be a fun experiment to just load some random family photo and see what kind of landscape it would generate.

It would also be nice if there were some more "drawing tools" in the map editors so one could create straight lines, larger circles, larger boxes, fill an area with a certain height (or creeper).

Also, in the CW1 editor it looks like one could have a whole custom image as the terrain background. I see one can have an overlay in CW3 for references, and a fixed size of 256x256 as ones new texture. But what about turning the whole overlay into that texture? Or... Well, I saw that one could have custom images for custom objects, but can one turn those objects into something like "background objects"? So that you have this irregular landscape and the only place you can land your command node is on this platform big enough, which has an image of a landing platform.

Anyways, great game, fascinating storyline, hope these things can be implemented.

/Edward

Asbestos

Well, you can set "takes up space" to off on a CRPL unit, which makes it, well, not take up space.

Edward

Oh. But where is... Oh, NOW I see the little scroll bar to the right. To begin with all I saw was Image Scale and Offset. Well, a whole new world of background replacements are open to me now. Thanks! :D

But still, what about turning an image into terrain heights or more terrain drawing tools?

/Edward

Asbestos

We also need an undo feature that works with Ctrl-Z.