Pass the map 3-Let's make a map together

Started by pawel345, February 09, 2014, 08:42:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadMag

UNLOCKED

- Finished the little sea monster (when it is destroyed by one nullifier it gives a little burst of AC + drops a Convert.
- Added Opening Logo
- Added OreDeposit
- Made a new boat image (it is in the image library if you want to use it)

I think I am done..

MadMag

MadMag

UNLOCKED

- Added another square on the "crescent moon" island. (Only terrain)

J

J

UNLOCKED

- Added terrain (the editor of the square next to it can change it a bit to fit his own needs)
- Added emitter and AC slip-emitter (emitter leaves ore deposit when it dies)

There seem to be random spores on the map after I nullify the emitter on the 500-energy starting island, doesn't seem very fair to me.

pawel345

It seems they are not random spores but are shot out form planetfalls ships. The ships are a bit too hard, they make the beginning a real problem and they seem to shoot spores at your structures form point blank giving you little chance to beam them. I think that script will have to undergo some changes before we can finish the map.

1) Make the ships start later on, maybe add an emitter to the island so that the player cant rush them before they activate.
2) Change the Spore creating algorithm so that the player has a chance to destroy them.
3) If the above changes then the 500 energy pack will be lowered.

I haven't played the map after my edit so that is all I know that's wrong with the map. I will check it again sometime tomorrow.

planetfall

Pretty sure I'm supposed to be banned, someone might want to get on that.

Quote from: GoodMorning on December 01, 2016, 05:58:30 PM"Build a ladder to the moon" is simple as a sentence, but actually doing it is not.

pawel345

Cool :D Just play it afterwards and make sure you can win :P Best if you can win without using the energy pack.

planetfall

UNLOCKED

The ships have been rebalanced...
-The one that spams the dock-island emits less creeper
-They do not shoot spores at first. They only begin to spawn spores after they have repaired once, in other words, once the player has decided to attack them. Then they will fire spores with 20% health. After repairing a second time, they will fire spores with 40% health, and so on, but will not create spores with greater than 1 health. This gives the player a reason to kill them quickly instead of having a long drawn out battle, but let xem (EDIT: derp, forgot to finish this sentence) wait until other enemies are less threatening to do so. Also, I fail to see how my ships qualify as "point-blank spores" and that spore tower doesn't...
-They take longer before starting. The long path one begins after one minute and the short path one begins after three minutes.
-Changed sprite to MadMag's.

Regarding beating it... I wasn't able to, but not because of the ships, and I didn't want to mess with others' areas. The problem came mostly from emitters on other islands as I was being overrun before the ships started. I could nullify the emitter on the starting island with the energy pack set to 100, but not without using it entirely. Killing the sea monster was very hard as well, but doable... I could see a "suicide base" strategy to nullify it, grab the AOO and use it to take one of the nearby islands working, but I couldn't pull it off.

Quote from: GoodMorning on December 01, 2016, 05:58:30 PM"Build a ladder to the moon" is simple as a sentence, but actually doing it is not.

pawel345

unlocked

Ok so currently I would say the map is a bit too hard. Therefore I would ask the person making the square to the left of the "starting" island with the energy pack, to make it a player friendly island with something nice to aid the player. There can be an emitter but a low powered one. Also it seems that there are a bit too large distances between the islands so there exists another imaginary square of terrain to edit that is the area between the islands to make small island to place a relay, and sometimes another building. And planetfalls ships... I have no idea how to take them down. I had around 10 snipers firing at them, and they just get back to the dock to repair, I managed to place 2 snipers to shoot at them in the dock but the heal rate was too large to make them destroy it. But the hp of ships is something we can adjust in the final stages of editing the map.

Lost in Nowhere

UNLOCKED!
Reduced the strength of emitters on my previous islands
Added an easy-to-defend PZ reactor

Disregard this, I used the wrong version of it...
Don't die! :)

planetfall

The ships will probably get easier to kill once there is more land in firing range. And once it's possible to expand enough to build a forge...

pawel345

Lost in Nowhere are you sure you edited a correct square????? As you seem to have edited the one I just made.
The map is unlocked till we sort it out.

Lost in Nowhere

I must have downloaded the wrong one...
I can't fix it right now... I'll just do another one later.

Lost in Nowhere

Ok, UNLOCKED!
I'm going to triple-check that I'm using the right map this time...
----------------
-Easily-defended PZ reactor by the start
-Weakened emitters on my past islands

edit: Files are good, aren't they?