Pass the map 2-Let's make a map together

Started by pawel345, February 04, 2014, 01:08:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pawel345

Your script :D so you get to change it as you like :P I did it like that so that there is a clear indication if the gun was hit once twice or trice as the hp bar had to be removed.

Clean0nion

Quote from: pawel345 on February 06, 2014, 02:19:38 PM
Your script :D so you get to change it as you like :P I did it like that so that there is a clear indication if the gun was hit once twice or trice as the hp bar had to be removed.
Now your solution actually makes a lot of sense!

MadMag

MadMag

UNBLOCKED

- Added Opening Logo with sound
- Added a Generator
- Added a "AC tank" that you can blow up to get some "free" AC

Grayzzur

UNLOCKED

Fixed the terrain that was changed by someone else in my section (Be Careful!). Changed my emitter to a generator.
"Fate. It protects fools, little children, and ships named 'Enterprise.'" -William T. Riker

Clean0nion

Unlocked.
Added a construction facility. Takes two nullifiers to destroy.
Also added opening text.
I moved a turret near the forge. Remove at will.

Warpsing

unlocking.

It's finally done. what is that red thing? a runner.

also, there is allready a rain of creeper along with turned generators(i saved AFTER i did the thing.), so to compensate, i allowed the forge to be remade for twice the normal cost.

Grayzzur

"Fate. It protects fools, little children, and ships named 'Enterprise.'" -William T. Riker

pawel345

OK so I must say WUT HAPPEND? The map seems completely unplayable, at least according to me. Random creeper rain from the beginning, random spores flying around, I have no idea what is happening.  I think that random guppy really destroys the map. The spores are not all that bad, they could stay, but the creeper rain is a bad idea. What do other think?

Grayzzur

My concerns:

Looks like it was allowed to run for a bit and then saved, so everything's no longer in the starting location. Some of the walls are already damaged, including the ones containing the emitter by the starting location. Those Drill Riders are vicious enough without giving them a head start! (Plus MadMag's startup logo doesn't come down anymore.) -- To fix all this, it'll probably be easier to revert to the previous map and re-apply the new grid's changes.

The creeper rain falls on the forge and destroys it before those walls even come down.

There are WHITE spores that deliver regular creeper?

And that freakin' guppy... 750 health, 0.5 heal rate, counts for victory? You can't kill it. I can barely see the health bar move with a PZ Sniper nailing it. As soon as it gets away from you, it's healed. Am I missing something on this thing?

I also think there are too many turrets coming out of that factory too quickly.

It's late. I'll talk to y'all in the morning.

MadMag

I also think it is best to load up a previous savegame and start from there again.

Clean0nion

Here's what I'd do if I had the time.
Load up Warpsing's save. Extract any new scripts and images.
Go back to the next save. That should be my save. If it's still broken there, go back to the save before that. That shouldn't be broken.
Then just redo the edits.

As for the turrets factory, it produces a turret every 300 frames up to a maximum of 11 turrets on the map where the variable "name" is "Gun1", which is the default. Both of those numbers are $vars.

pawel345

OK then the map is LOCKED for Warpsing to fix it and reupload his square. I attach the latest "good" version that is C0 version.

As for other stuff, I think that 11 turrets is a bit much. Let's make it something like 8 maybe? It will be enough to make it hard for the player but they will not be everywhere.

Also as this map is nearing completion we can start thinking about a Pass the Map 3 theme. I through about making it an island sort of map like 3P Hawaii? I would make the map 150x150 but the 30 squares around would be creeper ocean, around 3~4 deep, with a "wave" programmed to come after a while making it around 6 deep for some time. What do you guys think?

J

Quote from: pawel345 on February 07, 2014, 03:27:24 AM
Also as this map is nearing completion we can start thinking about a Pass the Map 3 theme. I through about making it an island sort of map like 3P Hawaii? I would make the map 150x150 but the 30 squares around would be creeper ocean, around 3~4 deep, with a "wave" programmed to come after a while making it around 6 deep for some time. What do you guys think?
What I think? Try something that doesn't become a massive slog after a few minutes. In other words, hard start, easy win. However, this is nearly impossible when creating it with multiple people.

Helper

Something to keep in mind is that only about 25% of those who downloaded your first effort were able to post a score.
This is a great concept (community maps), but too often the end result is a map designed for the better players - and most of our members get left out in the cold.

Some kind of messaging device(s) should also be included for game information. It isn't that big a deal do some saves/re-starts for smaller maps, but can get unwieldy on the larger ones.

Looking forward to playing the end result.
H