The Corrupted Units thread

Started by Clean0nion, January 16, 2014, 11:19:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clean0nion

Here we have a list of all the corrupted units, and who made then. I'll add links to the individual maps later.
If you made a new unit that is not essentially a modified version of current in-game units, for example my Ore Refinery, it is not valid for this list.

Remaining tech

Relay
Reactor
Ore mine
Guppy

Pulse cannon
Strafer
Nullifier
Sniper

Thor
[close]

Corrupted Beam made by ThirdParty
CS Topic Post
Corrupted Collector made by ThirdParty
CS Topic Post
Corrupted Mortar/Bertha made by eduran
CS Topic
Corrupted Terp made by Kwinse
Topic CS
Corrupted Sprayer made by Mikoz
CS
Corrupted bomber made by pawel345
No links
Corrupted Shield made by Lost In Nowhere
CS
Corrupted forge made by planetfall

If you made one, or you know of one, post it in the comments. Discussion of each unit is also encouraged.
If there are multiple versions of a unit, the one that the community seems to like best will be out on the list.

eduran

Quote from: Clean0nion on January 16, 2014, 11:19:45 AM
*I still think this should be Corrupted Bertha

I'd say it can act like either a mortar or a bertha depending on how you set it up. Switch off the crosshair, set 'fireDelay' to 0, 'fireInterval' to around 150 and range to whatever a mortar has and you've got yourself a Corrupted Mortar.

Clean0nion

Quote from: eduran on January 16, 2014, 12:21:45 PM
Quote from: Clean0nion on January 16, 2014, 11:19:45 AM
*I still think this should be Corrupted Bertha

I'd say it can act like either a mortar or a bertha depending on how you set it up. Switch off the crosshair, set 'fireDelay' to 0, 'fireInterval' to around 150 and range to whatever a mortar has and you've got yourself a Corrupted Mortar.
Alright. So now we have a double unit!

pawel345

I made a corrupted bomber and "strafer" (Ufo) as well as a corrupted collector.

Clean0nion

Quote from: pawel345 on January 16, 2014, 12:44:21 PM
I made a corrupted bomber and "strafer" (Ufo) as well as a corrupted collector.
Provide relevant links and I'll add them.

Lost in Nowhere

A corrupted Thor would be a nightmare to deal with...
Don't die! :)

Flabort

May I lay claim on the corrupted Forge?  ;) I've got an idea, and want to try it.

Edit:
Spoiler
$EXP_PER_LEVEL:500.0
$RANGE:600.0
$CREEPER_PER_LEVEL:5.0
$CONSUMED_CREEPER:5.0

once
0.0 ->EXP
0.0 ->LEVEL
<-LEVEL <-CREEPER_PER_LEVEL mul ->CREEPER
CurrentCoords <-RANGE GetEnemyUnitsInRange ->LIST
0->POSITION
CreateList ->ORIG_AMOUNT
<-LIST GetListCount 0 do
<-LIST <-POSITION GetListElement GetUnitType "EMITTER" eq if
<-POSITION 1 add ->POSITION
else
<-LIST <-POSITION RemoveListElement
endif
loop
<-LIST GetListCount 0 do
<-ORIG_AMOUNT <-LIST I GetListElement 0 "productionAmt" GetScriptVar AppendToList
loop
endonce

CurrentCoords GetCreeper dup 0 gt if
<-CONSUMED_CREEPER sub dup 0 gt if
set creeper
else
pop 0 set creeper
endif
<-EXP 1 add ->EXP
else
pop
endif
<-EXP <-EXP_PER_LEVEL div ->LEVEL
<-LEVEL <-CREEPER_PER_LEVEL mul ->CREEPER
<-ORIG_AMOUNT GetListCount 0 do
<-LIST I GetListElement 0 "productionAmt" <-ORIG_AMOUNT I GetListElement <-CREEPER add SetScriptVar
loop
"Range: " <-RANGE Concat "
Level: " Concat <-LEVEL Concat SetPopupText
[close]

I haven't tested it yet, or made a "corrupted" image. Basically, it consumes creeper under it, converts it to EXP, which increases it's level. The higher it's level, the more any emitters in range emit. The variables should be floating points in order to properly display the level similar to a totem.
My maps: Top scores: Sugarplum, Cryz Dal, Cryz Torri, Cryz Bohz (Click fetch scores, page courtesy of kwinse)

Relli

Amusingly, I also thought of a Corrupted Forge. I had the idea that it would end up as a tug-of-war over the totems. Though how the creeper would claim it, and how you would claim it back, I didn't consider. Maybe it'd use Collectors or Relays, and you have to disconnect them before you can connect to it yourself. Though at that point you're also getting into the territory of making custom CRPL connections.
And since I forgot to mention it, the evil forge would automatically upgrade all emitters a bit when it received enough Aether (presumably you'd have to fake the Aether somehow)

Clean0nion

Whoever uploads a map with it first gets the credit!
Seeing as technically it doesn't exist yet.

Speaking of CRPL connections, if you have a look at the map preview I posted for Skarsgard World 3, you'll see that each terrain square is 3x3... that has something to do with a placement script I'm developing.
Spoiler
Certain units have a "responsibility" trait, like CNs, collectors, and relays, and there is a range around then where units can be built, and the demand for each unit per responsible units changes on the conditions, ie how much AC, how many nearby player units.
[close]
But for now, I'm otherwise occupied with Sall.

MizInIA

Quote from: Relli on January 16, 2014, 10:46:31 PM
Amusingly, I also thought of a Corrupted Forge. I had the idea that it would end up as a tug-of-war over the totems. Though how the creeper would claim it, and how you would claim it back, I didn't consider. Maybe it'd use Collectors or Relays, and you have to disconnect them before you can connect to it yourself. Though at that point you're also getting into the territory of making custom CRPL connections.
And since I forgot to mention it, the evil forge would automatically upgrade all emitters a bit when it received enough Aether (presumably you'd have to fake the Aether somehow)
the Creeper could use Digitalis to power the totems and breaking the Digitalis connection would allow you to power them and supply your forge.

Annonymus

If you make the creeper-forge use the totems I would suggest you get its level and lvlup-rate to define how much creeper it creates or whatever the effect will be and actually modify the totems values to make it level up like it should normally when in use (or make it lvldown at the same rate since the creeper is using it...) to add some realism, the first suggestion could even be used to make some sort of super-totem right on a place where there is a constant battle between player and creeper so you can use the super-totem to get a great good but will also risk much if the totem gets in the creeper's hands because it will be at a high level. or make a totem with a strong emitter right next to it that activates after X minutes so you can use the totem until that time but have to make a balance between using the totem for aether and not leveling it up too much because the creeper will get it...
If a topic started by me is in the wrong place feel free to move it at anytime.

planetfall

I seem to be late to the "corrupted forge" party... Ah well, I'll try anyway.
Pretty sure I'm supposed to be banned, someone might want to get on that.

Quote from: GoodMorning on December 01, 2016, 05:58:30 PM"Build a ladder to the moon" is simple as a sentence, but actually doing it is not.

Flabort

Quote from: Clean0nion on January 17, 2014, 02:26:19 AM
Whoever uploads a map with it first gets the credit!
I believe that this means that Planetfall gets the credit.  :)
My maps: Top scores: Sugarplum, Cryz Dal, Cryz Torri, Cryz Bohz (Click fetch scores, page courtesy of kwinse)

Azraile

I have some interesting ideas for maps.. and was wondering if some one that knows how to code could make the following for me:

A corrupted reactor that makes set amount of power

versions of the corrupted units that require power from the corrupted reactors (including collectors sense they release energy into the land not draw from it.)

And a different version of those receptors at the end of the game that require energy from corrupted beam towers to produce a rather large shield, and that fire a much thicker beam at something that looks like the thing from the end of the game (only mable with a swirle of energy over it) that dosn't really do anything but needs power from the thicker beams or it blows up and when it dose you win.

they will fire the beam no matter what... but are shielded only if a corrupt beam tower is powering them.

Azraile

I know thats a lot to ask for but I don't get the codding but I have some cool ideas for maps ^.^;;;

there set on a world that is almost compleatly a sea of creep because it is VERY rich in ore...

map 1 - you land on a mountain top (now tiny islands) and try and destroy  creep that has taken over ore deposits to slow the growth of creep in the area....  (wich btw... currupted ore deposes would be cool too... something like an ore field with large purple crystals growing out of it or spires of purple crystals  lol)

Then try and activate and repair a damaged titan ship

map 2 - the titan ship is used to clear away a pyramid under the creep that has a good deal of defensive capabilities but is deep in creep, there is little time to get it up and running again before the sea of creep comes 'rushing' (lol) back in.  From there local creep nodes can be eliminated to form power spots that will be needed for powering force field and teraphormers to create a shield and sea wall and establish a beach-head.

map 3 - assault on a corrupted military base (I wish I could make currupted golems with this x.x but I think that would be hard to code and make the map to hard anyway)

map 4 - Re-programing the golems to build a base to launch an attack from and using mass drivers from the military base the underground and corrupted power core of the extinct civilization is revealed.  With much of the area saturated with currupted collectors and the sea of creep now pouring into the exposed cavern bellow. An assult must be launched on the power plant, one station at a time to destroy it.