J's maps (Tinyland)

Started by J, November 04, 2013, 09:30:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J

For the collector map, you'll need at least relay and strafer or pulse cannon tech.
Sniper: I know it is pretty hard to get started, (@Sohee) can you post a screenshot of your finished map (to which level did you terraform it)?
For now I have the following changes in mind (from original maps):
Beam: Easier if you play without beam tech ('free' PZ), harder to get beam tech at start, easier to nullify 2 spore towers at start.
Sniper: A bit easier, it is already hard enough.
Disable singularity
Add totems to most maps that don't have them.
Check for new techs when loading saves and before unpausing.
Add messages for when you do not have to kill emitters.

(sorry for wiping out all scores then, but you can keep your techs!)

asmussen

Has the zip file in your first post been updated with the changes you just listed?
Shawn Asmussen

J

no

Jacobkolstad

*Downloading - 3hours left*
Damn you slow network connection!

TLMike

Quote from: Jacobkolstad on November 08, 2013, 02:49:44 AM
*Downloading - 3hours left*
Damn you slow network connection!

For 65 KB? That's... You need to get a new service provider, man.

Sohee

sniper map

i'm novice and lazy guy. pulse cannon can't hit higher-ground..
there is no micro control for lazy guy.
so i did teraform to lvl8.

at the beginning seems to take up to 2hr..

Lioncourt

I am not sure if I just don't know what I am doing, but on the terp map I seem to have a problem.  I got a guppy out to one of the rock islands, built a collector that connected all the totems, plus it connected to the terp tech icon, but it didn't give me the tech.  I took over the island, and tried again, still didn't fly up to orbit, still no tech.  Am I doing something wrong?
The funniest thing about time is when it doesn't...

J

Quote from: Lioncourt on November 12, 2013, 12:45:37 AM
I am not sure if I just don't know what I am doing, but on the terp map I seem to have a problem.  I got a guppy out to one of the rock islands, built a collector that connected all the totems, plus it connected to the terp tech icon, but it didn't give me the tech.  I took over the island, and tried again, still didn't fly up to orbit, still no tech.  Am I doing something wrong?
You must connect tech to the CN using relays or fly the CN over it (it still needs a collector on the ground to cellect the tech).

ChrRas

How do you do the terp map?

Can someone please upload a picture of how they start out?

Lioncourt

Im guessing in order to make it to the other island, you need the bertha. I would like to see someones video getting the bertha :)  I keep getting clobbered
The funniest thing about time is when it doesn't...

J

Once started on the terp map (where ChrRas problem lies), you can use either forge singularity or bertha's to kill some creeper before it overflows. To get started, land CN and build collectors in the west/northwest area of the lower left island. Build two cannons and a mortar (make sure at least one cannon finishes  in time) and don't forget to get your beams up in time. It is very helpful to already put everything in a grid so you can maximise reactors and bertha's (without bertha's, singularity + strafers (did I put AET there?) or send mortars on bombing runs).

Bertha: build up using collectors and build a few mortars and beams. Fill the area with reactors and attack. You'll need about six of each for a stable foothold.
Spoiler
Note that you can take out the spore towers with guppy's.
[close]

mzimmer74

Quote from: Lioncourt on November 12, 2013, 11:08:31 PM
Im guessing in order to make it to the other island, you need the bertha. I would like to see someones video getting the bertha :)  I keep getting clobbered

I was able to beat the Terp map without Berthas (haven't managed to beat that map yet and want to try it with Terp).  It is incredibly hard to do since there is SO much creeper.  The answer definitely lies in using Singularity weapon.  I struggled with finding a place to shoot it that would get me some clear ground for a guppy and a nullifier but just would save, shoot, and reload if it didn't work.  Make sure you shoot a powerful singularity.  You'll probably want 80-100 seconds or so per shot just to give you time to clear out the spot and get the nullifer to go off.
Omnipotence doesn't mean the ability to do what is logically impossible. It's possible, therefore, for God to create beings with the kind of free will that can choose between good and evil, but he can't also force those creatures to choose good. If he forced their choice, it wouldn't be free.

Ninja

I wish that you'd make the Sprayer map a little easier; it seems extremely hard to me.

J

Wasn't the sprayer map the map where you had to suck the AC out of little pools? I already added 2 reactors and a mortar to that one! (if memory serves correctly) Just make sure you 'activate' all pools before engaging the creeper.
Spoiler
Don't be afraid to put sprayers in the creeper near a pool, the AC will evaporate a lot of creeper and eventually make it to the sprayer!
[close]

Ninja

Quote from: J on November 13, 2013, 02:32:50 PM
Wasn't the sprayer map the map where you had to suck the AC out of little pools? I already added 2 reactors and a mortar to that one! (if memory serves correctly) Just make sure you 'activate' all pools before engaging the creeper.
Spoiler
Don't be afraid to put sprayers in the creeper near a pool, the AC will evaporate a lot of creeper and eventually make it to the sprayer!
[close]
Okay, thanks for the hint. But I wish you'd turn down the top left emitter's strength, still.