eduran's maps

Started by eduran, October 19, 2013, 04:55:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grayzzur

The emitter in the crater to the bottom left was interesting. Had to go around and approach it from the bottom. It appears as though you intended the only good place for a nullifier to requires a collector/relay that's in range of the leeches, but I was able to power it with guppies and they never came over. Can you make the leeches target guppies that are on their target delivering packets? Or maybe disallow guppies, that would definitely require nodes near the river.

The ore and aether nodes in lieu of power zones is a very interesting way to go. It works very well on this map, I like it.
"Fate. It protects fools, little children, and ships named 'Enterprise.'" -William T. Riker

Clean0nion

@Grayzzur
To my memory...
Spoiler
it spawns emitters, then spore towers, then creates digitalis, then another spore tower, then a runner nest, then another one, then a slip emitter, then another of those, then for all subsequent upgrades it merely increases the Inhibitor's Creeper output. Far too underpowered if you ask me. And none of that was from memory, I just re-analysed the script.
[close]

@Eduran
To stop two leeches occupying the same space, add its coords to a list and then if another leech is in the same coords, have it move to an adjacent coord and add that coords to the list. Of course, if there were sufficient leeches it would overflow the valid zone. Please note that the previous idea is vastly underdeveloped.
In terms of auto-collection of power, why not simply enable the mini-collector on the leech? All you'd need is a green Soylent-coloured circle/octagon as an image on the leech's CRPLcore and increase its maximum ammo. Then have it automatically collect small amounts of ammo, by itself, over time.
Feel free to ignore this entire message.

eduran

Quote from: Grayzzur on December 13, 2013, 06:00:58 PM
Can you make the leeches target guppies that are on their target delivering packets?
Ideally, I'd like the Leeches to connect to anything. That would make avoiding them pretty hard. Sadly, that's impossible: setting the connectable unit attribute to true on a CRPL core makes it connect only to Collectors, Relays, Command Nodes and deployed Guppies. Deployed Guppies are hard to target, because they return an empty string as unit type. If they are the only unit behaving like that it would work anyway. I'll look into it.

About disallowing Guppies altogether: not a fan. Crossing the river without any guppies to support your force until relays are build is extremely difficult. Maybe some AE towers?

Quote from: Clean0nion on December 13, 2013, 06:08:10 PM
To stop two leeches occupying the same space...
They are already prevented from stacking up on docks and they reserve the cell they are targeting (which I plan to extend to a 3x3 area around the target cell). I'll add something similar for the cell they wait on when idle. What I'd really like to have is collision detection while moving, but that's most likely beyond my abilities.

Quote from: Clean0nion on December 13, 2013, 06:08:10 PM
In terms of auto-collection of power, why not simply enable the mini-collector on the leech?
That's a neat idea. They could just park somewhere and start to collect energy at a slow rate when no target is available.

Grayzzur

Flying Guppies, Strafers and Bombers, as well as Runners all return an empty string for the unit type.

However, I think you can identify them by MAXAMMO/MAXAMMOAC properties.

Guppies, MAXAMMO=120 (240 for PZ Guppies)
Strafers, MAXAMMO=50 (same for PZ Strafers)
Bombers, MAXAMMOAC=60 (240 for PZ Bombers) -- note AC AMMO, they also have MAXAMMO=60, but 0 AMMO.
Runners, MAXAMMO and MAXAMMOAC both 0

So, the cheat check for a unit with an empty string for type would be to get the CONST_MAXAMMO attribute.
120 or 240 = Guppy
50 = Strafer
60 = Bomber
0 = Runner

Note that this method of identifying units is unorthodox, and may break in a future update.
"Fate. It protects fools, little children, and ships named 'Enterprise.'" -William T. Riker

TLMike

I found that I could fool the Leeches by selecting my Command Node and disabling the Ammo packets, or by disabling the Collector to which they were attached.

eduran

Ugh, I didn't even think about that possibility. They should try to find a new target after waiting for some time, but if you micromanage your collectors that would totally screw the Leeches. I think I have a solution that would also solve some other issues, but it will take some time to implement. Off to do some CRPL'ing.

knucracker

Quote from: Grayzzur on December 13, 2013, 09:09:14 PM
Flying Guppies, Strafers and Bombers, as well as Runners all return an empty string for the unit type.

However, I think you can identify them by MAXAMMO/MAXAMMOAC properties.

Guppies, MAXAMMO=120 (240 for PZ Guppies)
Strafers, MAXAMMO=50 (same for PZ Strafers)
Bombers, MAXAMMOAC=60 (240 for PZ Bombers) -- note AC AMMO, they also have MAXAMMO=60, but 0 AMMO.
Runners, MAXAMMO and MAXAMMOAC both 0

So, the cheat check for a unit with an empty string for type would be to get the CONST_MAXAMMO attribute.
120 or 240 = Guppy
50 = Strafer
60 = Bomber
0 = Runner

Note that this method of identifying units is unorthodox, and may break in a future update.

Ok, this has slipped by me for too long.  I have just updated the game to support identifying by unit type air units and runners.  Here is the name list for the upcoming build.  Note that I added STRAFERAIR, BOMBERAIR, GUPPYAIR, RUNNER.

public Dictionary<string, string> UNITS = new Dictionary<string, string> {
{"CRPLCORE", "CRPLTower"},
{"COLLECTOR", "Collector"},
{"RELAY", "Relay"},
{"REACTOR", "Reactor"},
{"OREMINE", "OreMine"},
{"SIPHON", "Siphon"},
{"TERP", "TerraPod"},
{"GUPPY", "SupplyDroneLandingPad"},
{"GUPPYAIR", "SupplyDrone"},
{"PULSECANNON", "PulseCannon"},
{"MORTAR", "Mortar"},
{"STRAFER", "StrafeDroneLandingPad"},
{"STRAFERAIR", "StrafeDrone"},
{"BOMBER", "BomberDroneLandingPad"},
{"BOMBERAIR", "BomberDrone"},
{"SPRAYER", "Sprayer"},
{"NULLIFIER", "Nullifier"},
{"SHIELD", "ShieldGenerator"},
{"BEAM", "ParticleBeam"},
{"SNIPER", "Sniper"},
{"FORGE", "Numen"},
{"BERTHA", "Bertha"},
{"THOR", "Thor"},
{"POWERZONE", "PowerZone"},
{"OREDEPOSIT", "OreDeposit"},
{"TOTEM", "Totem"},
{"RESOURCEPACK", "ResourcePack"},
{"SHIELDKEY", "ShieldKey"},
{"TECHARTIFACT", "TechArtifact"},
{"MESSAGEARTIFACT", "MessageArtifact"},
{"EMITTER", "Emitter"},
{"SPORETOWER", "SporeTower"},
{"AETOWER", "AETower"},
{"RUNNERNEST", "RunnerNest"},
{"RUNNER", "Runner"},
{"INHIBITOR", "Inhibitor"},
};

teknotiss

"STRAGERAIR" is that a typo?  ::) "STRAFERAIR" would seem more logical?  ;)
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

Relli

I had always wondered what Terp actually meant. I like the sound of Terra Pods. And I have to say, I am VERY curious about why the forge is called Numen. Could you explain that please? Or is it perhaps something obvious I'm not getting?

J

Quote from: Riluna on December 14, 2013, 10:22:16 AM
I had always wondered what Terp actually meant. I like the sound of Terra Pods. And I have to say, I am VERY curious about why the forge is called Numen. Could you explain that please? Or is it perhaps something obvious I'm not getting?
The forge was called numen in older beta builds
Quote from: teknotiss on December 14, 2013, 10:17:51 AM
"STRAGERAIR" is that a typo?  ::) "STRAFERAIR" would seem more logical?  ;)
Check the list in the code, it says STRAFERAIR

eduran

The new version of River Crossing is here. Changes:

- Leeches form a queue in front of the dock when all docks are occupied and will roam around the map when no target is available. No more stacking up on one cell.
- The inhibitor starts with two emitters already spawned. Previously the emitters would spawn on levels 1 and 2.
- The inhibitor now has an AE zone around it.
- Levelup effects now include increase in emitter and spore tower output.
- Leeches can now connect to any player unit and have a slightly higher range.
- If a Leech connects to a unit with ammo it will drain the ammo supply before requesting packets from the CommandNode.
- Sniper build cost reduced to 40.

Hopefully all of these changed make it harder to avoid Leeches and go for a Level 0 airstrike against the inhibitor. You can still disable ammo packets on your CN, but since Leeches will now try to drain anything that has ammo it should be a lot less effective.

Clean0nion

Quote from: eduran on December 15, 2013, 06:19:25 AM
- Leeches can now connect to any player unit and have a slightly higher range.
WHAT?
Spoiler
WHAT?
Spoiler
HOW?
Spoiler
HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE?
Spoiler
ARE YOU GOD?
Spoiler
MY BRAIN LITERALLY JUST EXPLODED
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

eduran

The leeches only 'fake' a connection. The packets transferring ammo to the Leech are CRPL cores. That way I can specify the connection range, possible targets and also transfer packets through disabled buildings. Both the connection line and the packets look slightly different if you look closely (or zoom far out: for some reason the built-in connection lines don't blur, but scaled images do).

Clean0nion

Quote from: eduran on December 15, 2013, 01:27:01 PM
The leeches only 'fake' a connection. The packets transferring ammo to the Leech are CRPL cores. That way I can specify the connection range, possible targets and also transfer packets through disabled buildings. Both the connection line and the packets look slightly different if you look closely (or zoom far out: for some reason the built-in connection lines don't blur, but scaled images do).
To stop the blurring use a PP image, eg Custom0pp or Custom0_256pp.

Grayzzur

Yes, but then if you scale it too big you get the pixelated effect instead. For "lines" that might be preferable.