CRPL RPG/Strategy map development

Started by FreeForTaking, October 06, 2013, 03:39:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FreeForTaking

Hello everyone!

I did as many toss myself over Creeper world 3 for two days ago and have now been spending a lot of time with the game. It's a very exciting game to play with a lot of fun gameplay!
But the part that really will make this game be much better than its predecessors is the CRPL scripting language. It'll make the custom maps community be much bigger and better and it'll introduce a lot of fun and exciting maps to play.

So i thought i would pull my straw out of the stack and create something fun and interesting to play, so i thought of creating a RPG/Strategy game, with a twist. You are the creeper!

You'll be able to control an array of CRPL driven units that'll resemble the creeper forces and you'll be facing the forces that you yourself have been playing as for the last three games.

But for now i don't have so much done, but I'd like you to be able to follow me through the process of creating this, and in that way aid you in your own projects that'll span the universe of creeper world!

I'll continuously update this post with news and other fun stuff about how the project is going and what my next steps will be, but now i can tell you what I've got so far.

Currently i have a very basic shop system where you can buy custom CRPL towers. These towers have some special properties, you can control them with clicking your right mouse button, but they wont move until you have selected them. You select them via clicking on them, OR dragging over them.

I'll leave a map file in the attachments, so anyone who wants to try it out can do that as they want :)

Best Regards

FreeForTaking

Michionlion

Sounds like something that could be really cool!  You may want to make sure your scripts are modular so that you can make more than one map for your RPG/system.
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

FreeForTaking

I'm planning on making them as modular as possible and to be able to export key functions so that others can use them, i want to see the map making world making awesome stuff with the code i create :)

neoexdeath

It sounds good! I always wanted to see how it is to be the creeper... I mean, it should have a reason to destroy everything in it's path... Anyway, good luck with coding the enemies.  ;D
Life can't exist without death, just like good can't exist without evil.

FreeForTaking

Hmm, writing a storyline about why it's doing what it does and take in all the events that occurred duing the Creeper World saga!

neoexdeath

Bump (the idea still seems interesting)
Life can't exist without death, just like good can't exist without evil.