CW 2 Editor Tutorial for the Bonus Mission "Cubic" - Request

Started by Mirco1502, January 19, 2012, 06:13:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mirco1502

Hey there CW2 Editor Fans.

I want to create some cool Maps too, but i have a lot of Problems. And there are not really much good Tutorials, that explain stuff for Noobs.

So it would be nice if anyone could make a Tutorial for alle the Creeper Movements in the Bonus Level "Cubic" so explain some of the
simplest Creeper Actions.

For Example: I tried to make a Creeper Skill, which is moving around. So i created a Field, and draw a Skull in the Field with that "Squares".
After that i give the Field a Moving Loop command, and than i filled the Sqaures with Creeper. But now, when i start the Map, the Creeper flows out of the
Sqaures and is flooding the map. And i dont have any ideas why...

Would be rella nice if someone can make such a Tutorial, or help me to understand the Functions of the Editor, so i will make a Tutorial myself.

Greetings

Ebon Heart

I made a guide, "making cw2 maps for dummies" and I'm working on an advanced field guide...
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!

Kithros

Well, for cubic in particular you can load it up in game, then save the game, then load the saved game in the editor (the editor supports loading saved games - obviously doing anything to it will make it count as a different map of course) - the save folder is at %appdata%\CreeperWorld2\

Most of the fields in it aren't too complicated though - there's one pin field that moves back and forth between the bottom-right and the top-middle room (turn on, move to top with some delay, then move back and turn off, loop the field), there's a field in the top-right that just rotates every some amount of time (just have a rotate action on the field and loop), the middle room is just a pin field (no actions), and the bottom-middle just has a pin field moving around (set the move destinations, and loop).

J

About the example you gave: When the field level is too low (select the field level BEFORE adding the squares (pin fields) to your field) it couldn't take all creeper with it. (lvl1 could only carry 15000 in every subcell creeper while lvl4 could carry up to 5000000 creeper in every subcell). Make sure 'initially off' is NOT checked.

Mirco1502

Quote from: J on January 20, 2012, 10:48:09 AM
About the example you gave: When the field level is too low (select the field level BEFORE adding the squares (pin fields) to your field) it couldn't take all creeper with it. (lvl1 could only carry 15000 in every subcell creeper while lvl4 could carry up to 5000000 creeper in every subcell). Make sure 'initially off' is NOT checked.

ye that was my mistake thank you.

And Thanks to all others, too :)