Where to save custom maps

Started by Slooch, August 24, 2011, 02:18:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slooch

Well, I have looked all over, and over again, before I posted this silly question

What folder do I place the custom map files into?

because I am loading the map files individually and they are just numbers (22.cw2)

J

You could create a new folder and put all custom map files there. In-game: hit custom and then load map from file, go to the folder you've created and load the map. The next time the game should automatically move to that folder.

Slooch

I did save all the custom map files into a folder, and when I load them, it navigates to the folder,
but its hard to know what the maps are buy just looking and loading them by the numbers

Isn't that what the box below the load custom maps from file is for? So I can see the maps I have played,the name and author? rather than load a map named 22.cw2 from an external windows loading box??

thepenguin

whoa, you guys, you're all doing it wrong

don't click "load from file", click "find maps online", when you click the download link, all maps are sent straight to your maps list
We have become the creeper...

Grauniad

Quote from: Slooch on August 24, 2011, 02:18:42 AM
Well, I have looked all over, and over again, before I posted this silly question

What folder do I place the custom map files into?

because I am loading the map files individually and they are just numbers (22.cw2)

The in-game browser will load  maps you are downloading to

%appdata%\CreeperWorld2\customgames\ (You can type this in the address bar for the downlaod dialog.)

You may want to do the same.

If you are asking where to store maps that you Could choose anywhere within your Documents folder.

A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon