Custom Map #2816: King of the HILL. By: Silf69

Started by AutoPost, January 28, 2022, 08:45:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #2816: King of the HILL

Author: Silf69
Size: 192x120

Karsten75

It's a good thing tm I had the Internet to occupy me while waiting for >20 minutes to get the Hold objective.

At least now I know what a "muddler" is and I know the recipe for a "No A.B.V French 75" and I also know how to prepare Sweet Bay-Peppercorn Shrub. I need that latter to make the former.

Oh yea, and I got my usual 75% on the weekly news quiz from New York Times.

Karsten75

Quote from: SteveCarlo on January 28, 2022, 11:52:29 AM
for SparTom?

Yea, that one, no-one will get. It's a custom objective and the mapmaker kindly omitted any method to achieve it.

Silf69

Thanks for the feedback, It's my first map and I'll probably do a V2.
So let me know what you would like to see in it.  :)

Stu

Quote from: Silf69 on January 29, 2022, 03:36:05 PM
Thanks for the feedback, It's my first map and I'll probably do a V2.
So let me know what you would like to see in it.  :)

A way to win without having to wait for 45 min would be nice.  I don't know if you have to set the hold objective to secondary or how that works but yeah.  Once you've snagged the totems the whole left half of the map is free.  After you've set things up the extra creeper reinforcements don't change much, they're too slow. The airship is very powerful,  you've got tons of energy and it can pretty much win by itself once it's built.  Maybe scale the map down in size a bit so it's more focused, experiment with more creeper over time for the late game or try putting a the majority of a resource you need forward.  I don't know nothing bout nothing though so feel free to ignore me.

The little yin yang in the center is neat.  This has been my grand critique

Silf69

Thank you, I'll take into consideration your feedback. I also think it needs a bit more Creeps towards the end and I might remove the airship from the map, if it still to OP.

I had saves issues were the map was reverting to old version all the time, so in the end I rush it out and didn't test it as much as I would of liked.