insta-win and achievement maps

Started by teknotiss, August 01, 2021, 03:05:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

teknotiss

these sort of pointless maps are cropping up in Colonial Space a lot recently, is there someone who can delete them from CS still?

i have been reporting them, and i'm fairly sure others have, but regardless there is a "no achievement maps/insta-win maps" rule still isnt there?
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

Karsten75

Not enough players are reporting those maps.

teknotiss

Quote from: Karsten75 on August 01, 2021, 06:02:32 PM
Not enough players are reporting those maps.

ahh thats a pain... can there be a lowering of the reporting requirements?

or a purge of sub 60 second maps?
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

Builder17

Quote from: teknotiss on August 02, 2021, 04:11:37 PM

CRPL maps are bit of an problem for this, though.  ;)

teknotiss

Quote from: Builder17 on August 04, 2021, 11:03:40 AM
Quote from: teknotiss on August 02, 2021, 04:11:37 PM

CRPL maps are bit of an problem for this, though.  ;)

true, but a simple exemption for scripted maps would solve that...

Karsten75

Quote from: teknotiss on August 05, 2021, 06:03:54 AM

Simple??

Simple is something like stopping on the sidewalk and looking left and right before crossing the street.

Not simple is crossing a river. It depends on someone else having gone to all the steps necessary to construct a bridge over the river.

Your "simple" is in the latter category.

teknotiss

Quote from: Karsten75 on August 05, 2021, 08:05:45 AM
Quote from: teknotiss on August 05, 2021, 06:03:54 AM

Simple??

Simple is something like stopping on the sidewalk and looking left and right before crossing the street.

Not simple is crossing a river. It depends on someone else having gone to all the steps necessary to construct a bridge over the river.

Your "simple" is in the latter category.

you overstate things. this is just database management.

also your analogy is weak, most rivers i can just swim or wade across, others i can make a raft ... 8)

teknotiss

plus if you give me permissions and tell me how to delete maps in CS i will make my way through them over a week or two of evenings and delete all the pointless ones myself...

that would be pretty simple.

Karsten75

There comes a point in time when arguments and refuting strawmen and analogies becomes futile.

The idea here is that the community, not a single individual, cares enough about a map to report the map. That individuals, when they report a map, have a reason to report a map, not just a blank line

and not a reason that makes them hate the map or the map maker.

What we are seeing is that a few individuals (not enough to even pass the concurrence tests that might have saved Sodom and Gomorrah) cares and kicks up a fuss, and requests that others do work to suit them.

My advice is to take more care when reporting maps, and maybe mobilize more of the community to action maps that does not meet community standards. Or learn to hide those maps, or to just look past them.

teknotiss

"There comes a point in time when arguments and refuting strawmen and analogies becomes futile. "

there is also a point where being decent to people online gets too tricky too i guess?

that was an error, one i would be happy to fix if the reporting button was not a one hit wonder.

;)

as you well know more or less all of my reports are on insta win or achievement maps.

these maps are clearly stated as not allowed in CS.

perhaps, since the game is now older, the minimum limit could be reduced to 2/3 reports or even, and this is a going to blow your mind, you could institute a rule that reports from me, Helper, D0m0nik, RrR and other older users who will only be reporting maps that break the rules only need 1 report?

no matter, you are not inclined to listen anymore, so perhaps we can just leave it as it is?

or again, give me deletion permissions and i will clean all of CS in a week or two of the worthless, pointless and forbidden maps.