Question about emiiter in void

Started by tamrin, July 11, 2017, 07:24:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tamrin

Sorry to bothering again with my question :D I need to know why is emitter placed in void stronger than normal emitter on terrain... do someone know this?

GoodMorning

Placing an Emitter on void is equivalent to placing it on a 500-height terrain. Therefore Creeper will seem to aggressively attack nearby land.

It also confers a tactical disadvantage to the player, in that the PZ is not available.

An Emitter of amt 505 on a one-cell island (terrain height 1) in void is equivalent to an Emitter of amt 4 with no underlying island. (All right, the island holds 500 Creeper, persisting even once the Emitter is destroyed, and will likely attract Bertha fire).

Adding live Digitalis makes the notional height of the void 0.

Does this answer your question?
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

tamrin

Thank you for answer, I understand. I am creating map where I need to not give PZ for the most of destroyed enemy structure. First I solved it by add void under the center of enemy units but I dont wanted to make them that strong :/ I know that I can replace these enemies with many crpl with same function and set it to not give PZ but maybe I will find some better solution.... still thank you :)

tamrin

oh maybe.....can be solution to add digitalis to the void which I added under center of the unit??

GoodMorning

That's certainly possible.

Note that putting an Emitter on Void does not (directly) increase the amount of Creeper it emits, only encourages the Creeper it does emit to flow away. It can easily build up, however.

Digi under an on-Void Emitter is about the best non-CRPL workaround I can think of.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

Karsten75

Quote from: tamrin on July 12, 2017, 02:59:03 AM
Thank you for answer, I understand. I am creating map where I need to not give PZ for the most of destroyed enemy structure. First I solved it by add void under the center of enemy units but I dont wanted to make them that strong :/ I know that I can replace these enemies with many crpl with same function and set it to not give PZ but maybe I will find some better solution.... still thank you :)

I seem to recall that the PZ was an option in the map editor?

Builder17

only for CRPL cores, sorry

Edit: In PF (Particle fleet) default units are more customizable, maybe you think that?

tamrin

yes, exactly, only crpl...
in other units is not this avaible... but nvm, my problem was fixed with that digitalis.. Its great, thank you again GoodMorning :D