[SOLVED] Inhibitor Image

Started by Rhadamante, July 03, 2016, 01:51:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhadamante

Hello fellow CW3 players/modders, I started recently working on an actual project (not an umpteenth test) for a custom map and I'm stopped by a curious fact : nowhere can I find a usable image to masquerade a CRPLCore as an inhibitor.

I was wondering if there was a way to get it, maybe a map I could extract it from, or a way to get access to the game resources directly.

If all fails, I suppose I could try ripping it from a screenshot of the game but it would make for a crappy alternative (especially in regard to the transparency).

Rhadamante

OK, well, I don't know whether I'm allowed to give any details or not, but I managed to extract the textures from the .assets unity files in the CW3 directory and thus, get a hold of what I wanted.

I hope no one minds me sharing at least that picture (I'm not going to post anything else unless I'm told it's ok, it's someone else's work after all).

Builder17

Check inhibitor image of PAC mode template if you want , it's under.

Totem also is missing it's real image , you can get and post it here if you want?

I think it's OK to post it. But isn't there risk to break game when extracting textures? You can always backup game files to be sure.  :)

Rhadamante

I did back up the files I was working on, don't worry about that :)

As for the totem image (or rather images since it's made of 2 parts) since it's in the wiki (albeit a differently coloured one) I suppose it's not a problem either (one can always delete my post if needed anyway).

Builder17

Runner image , command node image and digitalis image seem to be wrong in wiki also , if you want you can get these also.  :)

So , was it hard to understand how to get these images from game files? It sounds hard , how these files are extracted?  :o

How you know these images are found from these files , BTW?  ???

Karsten75

Feel free to upload correct or alternate images to the wiki.

Rhadamante

Quote from: Karsten75 on July 03, 2016, 04:58:53 PM

I'll do so as soon as I'm able to actually log in. Does the wiki use the same login/password as the forums ? If so, I may have forgotten the latter...  :-\

Nicant

Quote from: Rhadamante on July 03, 2016, 05:29:35 PM
Quote from: Karsten75 on July 03, 2016, 04:58:53 PM

I'll do so as soon as I'm able to actually log in. Does the wiki use the same login/password as the forums ? If so, I may have forgotten the latter...  :-\

Yeah, the wiki uses the same username and password as the fourms.
CW4 hype!!

Builder17

I already added totem and inhibitor link into this thread to wiki , I cannot upload new images into there.  8)

There should be way to recover password , and maybe you have it in paper?  :o

Rhadamante

Already reset my password and can connect to the wiki now thanks. But apparently, I cannot upload files. Is some kind of rights needed ?

Builder17

You also found media manager in wiki? It seems only moderators can upload things into wiki , it's better so for security.  :)

Because I think if all users could upload into wiki , there would be things not wanted in there?  ???

You can always post images into this thread and create link into wiki to here.  8) Look totem and inhibitor images , to see how I did it.

Karsten75

I've added Builder17 and Rhadamante to the group that I think should have permission to upload images. Log in and out of the wiki and let me know.

Rhadamante

Quote from: Karsten75 on July 03, 2016, 10:03:51 PM
I've added Builder17 and Rhadamante to the group that I think should have permission to upload images. Log in and out of the wiki and let me know.

Thank you for the trust, and it works perfectly. I already started updating the game's base units pictures and added color variations to the mix.
Please let me know if you think I should fix/add things : http://knucklecracker.com/wiki/doku.php?id=crpl:custom_image_repository&#cw3_player_units

planetfall

What's the point of the color variations? It maybe makes sense for the pulsecannon firing modes, and maybe a blue version of everything for corrupted units or Sleepers. Beyond that, if someone wants to do a hue shift it's easy enough in most image editors.
Pretty sure I'm supposed to be banned, someone might want to get on that.

Quote from: GoodMorning on December 01, 2016, 05:58:30 PM"Build a ladder to the moon" is simple as a sentence, but actually doing it is not.

Rhadamante

Honestly, I don't know. I was exporting the units as separate files (they're part of a big 2048x2048 picture) and it was just a couple additional clicks to add these so I did. Didn't really think about how easily anyone with an image manipulation program could get to the same result. Should I get rid of them ?