Custom Map #2816: Sleeper Warzone. By: Creepermind

Started by AutoPost, November 22, 2015, 01:24:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #2816: Sleeper Warzone

Author: Creepermind
Size: 220x220

Desc:
Yet another map with custom sleeper units! The Custom units in this map are the Creep sniper, reactor, bomber, sprayer, and guppy! The map is hard at first, then easy! --CREDITS-- rer24 - ideas telanir - awsome sleeper gamemode flabort - flip emitter script virgil.W - awsome game hubs - helping me with some scripts #Sleeper #CustomUnits #CRPL #Sniper #Reactor #Bomber #Sprayer #Guppy

Nicant

This map took a while, I hope you enjoy! Also i am going to take a break from making sleeper maps. That does not mean i will make other maps! So have fun!
CW4 hype!!

PMouser

the energy is killing me, i cant get and keep the berthas
Hi, I am a Bible believing christian.
I am a Youngevity distributor.

Nicant

Quote from: PMouser on November 22, 2015, 09:35:34 PM
the energy is killing me, i cant get and keep the berthas
There is a certain way to complete the map, just remember to put collectors everywhere and be wary of the air base up north.  :) (HINT: use the Convert AOO to help you deal with the air base!)
CW4 hype!!

PMouser

Loren Pechtel

I didn't find the airbase that big a problem but I'm getting overwhelmed from the south for some reason.

Nicant

Quote from: PMouser on November 23, 2015, 10:00:56 AM
covert AOO?
Yes, you fire the Convert AOO at the Creep reactor up at the air base to destroy everything!
CW4 hype!!

PMouser

Johnny Haywire

"AOO" = Artifact Of Odin  (It's in your "orbital" section, where the Command Nodes [your main bases] are before you land them).

Don't get discouraged if you can't beat more difficult maps like this. When I started playing almost a year ago it was all I could do to beat the storyline mode, much less the challenging custom maps. Give it some time and you'll get the hang of it  :)

Hint: The berthas aren't necessary, and as far as energy cost is concerned a bertha NOT on a power zone isn't a great asset in a map like this. I didn't take the airbase down for quite a while - I just built up beams to the north to deal with it. Don't spread yourself too thin. First, build a base you can defend, then branch out.
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?

PMouser

huh, i need more hints to take this map, the energy is just too tight, they destroy my energy buildings. and stuff

TechBot5402

I wish i can get CW3 full version so i can check out how hard this is.
F2P User, but still a CW3 Fan.

PurpleYouko

I can't get it to finish.

I beat both sleepers and flooded every inch of the map with AC but it just won't complete.
I still have 2 of the AC mortars left. I thought maybe I might have to destroy them but there's no way to target them that i can find.

So I'm just completely stuck  ???

Johnny Haywire

Did you check to make sure you grabbed every possible tech? That will prevent endgame too.
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?

Katra

I simply blew away the enemy airbase with a few strafers.  8)

Somehow these multiple Sleeper maps don't feel right when the second Sleeper - which in this case I hadn't even really contained - blows up right after the first - which moved to sit right under my guns.  :D
Power. Power! I must have more POWER!

Nicant

Quote from: PurpleYouko on November 24, 2015, 05:28:07 PM
I can't get it to finish.

I beat both sleepers and flooded every inch of the map with AC but it just won't complete.
I still have 2 of the AC mortars left. I thought maybe I might have to destroy them but there's no way to target them that i can find.

So I'm just completely stuck  ???
OH! My bad  :P  :P  :P I forgot to set the AC mortars to not count for victory.  :P I Think when it fires it does not get destroyed. Sorry.
CW4 hype!!