Map Making Help

Started by ameierjr, September 15, 2015, 06:12:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ameierjr

I tried making a map and placed several spore towers.  When editing their properties, I made the initial delay for the spore towers too short, so the towers all launched as soon as the map started.  I did not restart the mission before saving, so now whenever I reload, there are a bunch of spores floating in the middle of the map that are next to impossible to defend against.  I was wondering if there is a way to delete the spores that have already launched, or if the map is just FUBAR now.

If anyone could help me, I would greatly appreciate it.

teknotiss

i don't think V put that mechanic into the game  :o
well the easiest fix is to let them land and as soon as they do go into edit mode and click on the clear creeper button in the terrain options  ;)
hope that helps!  8)
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

Grayzzur

After that, you'll probably need to delete all the spore towers from your map and make new ones. (And probably use all four of the clear/reset buttons to help set your map back to a starting state.)

Always save your map before play-testing, then re-load it after play-testing to reset the map. Spore towers are really bad about getting into a weird state if you run them a little bit and then save. (Things like build percentages that go past 100%...)
"Fate. It protects fools, little children, and ships named 'Enterprise.'" -William T. Riker

teknotiss

Quote from: Grayzzur on September 16, 2015, 11:21:57 AM
After that, you'll probably need to delete all the spore towers from your map and make new ones. (And probably use all four of the clear/reset buttons to help set your map back to a starting state.)

Always save your map before play-testing, then re-load it after play-testing to reset the map. Spore towers are really bad about getting into a weird state if you run them a little bit and then save. (Things like build percentages that go past 100%...)

lol yes true... do we still occasionally get the giant and growing spore tower bug too??? that was a fun one  ;)
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

ameierjr

Fixed it. Thanks for the help!  Silly question: do I have to beat the level before I can upload it?

Grayzzur

Yes.

You have to FINALIZE the map.. then exit back to the projects screen and click the Play button next to your map in the Finalized Worlds section. Once you beat it there, the Upload button becomes available.

This is designed to prevent uploading unbeatable maps.
"Fate. It protects fools, little children, and ships named 'Enterprise.'" -William T. Riker