Concept share

Started by ghostwalker13, July 09, 2015, 12:05:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ghostwalker13

Okay, so you might have noticed that I am trying to include some scripting into my maps.
That is completely true. But I have had a shortage of ideas for concepts to add to my maps.
Right now I'm currently working on: Violos.
I have attached a picture to this post to give you an idea of what it might look like when finalized.

So now I'm asking YOUto give me ideas on what to add or take away, preferably concepts please.
Thanks.  ;D

warren

In my opinion, the world can always use more slip emitters. Beyond that, you generally have to create a map around one particular script. Start with the script, finish with the map.

ghostwalker13

All I can say is:

I'll try...

ghostwalker13

I've come to this topic for help.
I need a script that will act in the same way as a packet/power bank. Like in virgilw's videos for CW3 Alpha on youtube.
You know the yellow-red-black structure, that's it.
I'll put a link for the video:

Someone please make script if haven't already.
I'd be really happy to add it to new map.

Notice at 3:43 into the video, the so called "storage" are built.
That's exactly what I want to add.
Also notice at 12:49 that the storage pods are half depleted, due to distributing energy to the network.

So please, if someone is capable and willing to spend time, can someone script the "storage" pods as shown in the video.
Thanks.
[ another link to the video: ]

???

ghostwalker13

Oh, adding to my previous comment.
Could the storage unit also be immune to creeper.
Thanks.

Asbestos

I'm not sure packet storage units are actually possible. Maybe you can hide an energy pack and siphon underneath a core with the image of a storage unit, and create that when placing a storage.

warren

Replying without actually seeing the original video yet may be unwise, but everything involved with creating a battery is possible. It is just very hard, possibly depending on the exact desired behaviour.

I believe someone created a fake packet network, which allows the most possibilities.

Short of that, it is possible to precisely modify the behaviour of siphons and guppies, both of which may need to be hidden under custom graphics.

As to capturing excess energy, it is possible to make a core request packets at any rate you want, but those cores will request packets with the same priority as everything else.

I do not believe it is possible to detect and modify the energy level of a command node.

ghostwalker13

I'll see what I can do following your ideas.
If I can't, then expect me coming back here asking.  :P

Seriously though, sometime sooner or later I'll be asking.

ghostwalker13

Not to do with storage pods.

---------------------------------

Is it possible to make pop up dialogue boxes like in CW1, where you had to click on them to make them disappear?
If you don't know what I'm talking about, refer back to the CW1 Demo on the website or the game's first levels to see what I'm talking about.

If it is possible, can you give me an idea of how to script it?
Or better yet, can someone who has brains script it for me?
( Because generally, I'm pretty dumb when it comes to Crpl... )

Thanks  ???

warren

Oh yes, that is very possible. CRPL can listen for mouse clicks, and there are even a different kind of popup boxes in the game that no one uses. ShowMessage and ShowMessageDismissible. Not sure if that is what you are looking for.

ghostwalker13

So to use the ShowMessage and ShowMessageDismissible can be put in an invisible crpl core?
The ShowMessage function, can it be activated when you start game and deactivated when you click on pop-up box?
Or am I getting the ShowMessageDismissible function to deativate the pop-up box?

Sorry if my words are a bit of a tongue twister or a mess.

Okay, my questions have been asked.

warren

They can be put on an invisible core. ShowMessage will allow you to define precise behaviour with code. ShowMessageDismissible has a little x in the corner.

ghostwalker13

Okay thanks!
But how exactly to use it?

Here is my thoughts on it:

ShowMessageDismissible = " (your message ) "

I've recently been writing up some Html, so if I get it wrong, you'll know why...

???

warren

Please consult the wiki on this one. ShowMessageDismissible is rather complicated and it is not likely anyone remembers the specifics.
"Hello World" x y ShowMessageDismissible or ShowMessageDismissible("Farethewell" x y)

ghostwalker13

Okay. I've done my research.
But all I need now, is a guide bout making CRPL cores invisible... :P
*Face Palm*

O_O