Sleeper Game Mode

Started by Telanir, April 13, 2015, 02:12:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nicant

Quote from: rer24 on October 04, 2015, 08:47:56 AM
I love the idea behind this game mode! First of all, I would also like to see a PAC with this game mode. Second, a couple of ideas for more units:
1. Reactors: They would be similar to collectors, but be more expensive and produce more creeper
2. Guppies: they would draw in creeper at landing pad, fly to areas with lots of structures but little creeper, and release the creeper
3. Sprayers: they could be more powerful than pulse cannons, and hold some creeper for later use
4. Sniper: Lots of range, low fire rate
5. Bomber: Similar to strafer, drops creeper right below it, slower but stronger
Any of these may have an unlock cost.

I'm going to try and make your ideas come to life and try to make them as custom creep units in my sleeper custom map i'm making! It will take a while though  :)

Quote from: rer24 on October 18, 2015, 01:35:33 PM

Also, it would be interesting if the Sleeper could interact with Power-zones. Make the units stronger/more efficient.

I don't know if i can do that in my sleeper cusom map though.
Edit: I'm going to make a post about my map so go there for details!
CW4 hype!!

tanminecraft2

it should have a sleeper rush such as 6c spore rush by using 6collectors to pull double totem side from each side of the sleeper side for spore then a spore can land and provide a creeper for sleeper to go down and start sieging with a collectors and weapons more and more until it take enough damage don't like a lot of rts game in this game you can't rush but this shouldn't be a problem to say if sleeper can also if the game have enough supporting we can make a PVP using this custom race note playing as sleeper may modify your unit that use ac instead don't say that it's hard to play as creeper it's like a sleeper vs sleeper

TechBot5402

Amazing work! Good A.I., Good Enemy, I just wish i wasn't F2P so i can buy CW3 full version. But when will the Humans have this awesome A.I.? I want to see a Play As Sleeper map kinda badly. Also, Maybe you could have Anti-Emitters on some sleeper maps, and the sleeper AI will try to nullify them. Good idea? Already suggested?

And uhhhhhh.... This usually isn't how i behave, so i guess i kinda lost it when typing this message. But still, this is quite some CRPL stuff i wanna see.
F2P User, but still a CW3 Fan.

Nicant

Quote from: TechBot5402 on November 23, 2015, 06:05:03 PM
Amazing work! Good A.I., Good Enemy, I just wish i wasn't F2P so i can buy CW3 full version. But when will the Humans have this awesome A.I.? I want to see a Play As Sleeper map kinda badly. Also, Maybe you could have Anti-Emitters on some sleeper maps, and the sleeper AI will try to nullify them. Good idea? Already suggested?

And uhhhhhh.... This usually isn't how i behave, so i guess i kinda lost it when typing this message. But still, this is quite some CRPL stuff i wanna see.
Can i use your idea in my next sleeper map? I was making a Creep nullifier and i stopped working on it because i had no use for it. But for AC emitters, that is a good idea!
CW4 hype!!

TechBot5402

Quote from: Nicant on November 23, 2015, 08:23:00 PM

Can i use your idea in my next sleeper map? I was making a Creep nullifier and i stopped working on it because i had no use for it. But for AC emitters, that is a good idea!

Ahh, You like my idea and want to use it? Will go for it! I'd like to see the sleepers trying to fight the AC like a player fighting regular old creeper emitters.

Nicant

Quote from: TechBot5402 on November 23, 2015, 08:40:23 PM

Ahh, You like my idea and want to use it? Will go for it! I'd like to see the sleepers trying to fight the AC like a player fighting regular old creeper emitters.
Ok, thanks! You will be credited by the way!
CW4 hype!!

TechBot5402

Quote from: Nicant on November 24, 2015, 03:54:24 PM
Quote from: TechBot5402 on November 23, 2015, 08:40:23 PM

Ok, thanks! You will be credited by the way!

I'm thinking of a map that has a strong sleeper, but weak anti-emitters that it will try to nullify. How about that? Sleepers will try to nullify your AC Emitter and use it's power zone, i think it gives the player something to defend.

Nicant

Yeah that is what i was thinking, but have four anti-emitters and one sleeper. So you will have to defend the emitter that the sleeper node is closer to.
CW4 hype!!

TechBot5402

Quote from: Nicant on November 25, 2015, 06:27:21 AM
Yeah that is what i was thinking, but have four anti-emitters and one sleeper. So you will have to defend the emitter that the sleeper node is closer to.

sOUNDS LIKE THAT IDEA IS-, That moment when you realize your caps lock is on.

Sounds like that idea is going quite well. The Anti-Emitters will make a protective zone for the player, but also give the player something to defend. Because if the sleeper nullifies an AC Emitter, It will use the power zone to get an extremely powerful unit.

TechBot5402

TechBot5402's Creep Unit Ideas (feel free to credit me):

Nullifier
Health: 1
Purpose: Obliterate the player's advantage by nullifying nearby Anti-emitters.
Description: Same thing as player nullifiers, accept it requires creeper instead of packets.

Reactor
Health: 0
Purpose: Feed surrounding creep units by producing creeper.
Description: A Collector that isn't instantly unlocked and costs more creeper to build, but produces more creeper.

Guppy
Purpose: Get creeper to the front lines faster by manually grabbing it and flying off with it.
Description: Produces a Guppy ship which sucks up creeper on the pad, and drops it by either creep units that need more creeper or in a fully undefended area.
UNNECESSARY: Spore Towers do the same exact thing as Guppies, but instead of manually picking up creeper and dropping on creep units or player units, The Spore Towers just launch the creeper itself. They do have the same A.I., Though.

Sprayer
Health: 1.5
Purpose: Multi-task and do the same jobs as a shield and pulse cannon.
Description: Very similar to the Pulse Cannon, but uses it's "AC Collection Field" to pull in nearby Creeper just like a shield. Very aggressive and likes to attack before other creep units get to the front lines.

Sniper
Purpose: Support other creep units by weakening player defenses.
Description: Slow fire rate and consumes a lot of creeper, but launches fast-moving creeper bullets that penetrate through armor and get creeper inside your units, causing a stacking Damage Over Time (DoT) effect. Likes to hide in high-altitude spots that make good sniper nests.

Forge
Health: 5
Purpose: Extend the number of Upgrades the Sleeper can research.
Description: If the Sleeper runs out of techs to research, it will build a Forge and 50% of the Aether will start to go to the forge. The Forge will then research these techs in random order (each tech can be upgraded multiple times):
- Creeper Efficiency
- Creeper Move Speed
- Unit Build Speed
- Unit Move Speed
- Unit Fire Rate
- Unit Fire Range

Elite Tech Lab
Health: 8
Propose: Extend the number of Upgrades the Sleeper can research.
Description: If the Sleeper runs out of techs to research, it will build a Elite Tech Lab and 50% of the Aether will start to go to the lab. The Elite Tech Lab will then research these techs in given order (each tech is unlocked only once):
- Improved Creeper Rate: Collectors, Reactors and Ore Mines produce 75% more creeper
- Quick Reloading Mechanisms: Multiplies Pulse Cannon and Sprayer fire rate by 1.5
- Better Launching Technology: Doubles Motor Range
- Faster Research Systems: Totem Siphons extract Aether 50% faster
- Multi-Targeting Beams: Beam Towers can target an unlimited amount of enemies at once
- Advanced Shields: Shields and Sprayers don't only attract Creeper, but pull it straight towards nearby creep units as well
- Injection Darts: Improves Sniper DoT's DPS by 1.4.
- Airborne Bases: Sleeper Nodes can build creep units when airborne, and they also stay hovering in the air when under attack by more ground units than beam towers
- Creeper Node Construction: Unlock the ability to produce very aggressive Sleeper Nodes at the cost of 5,250 Creeper.

Welp, that's about all i've got. And yes, it did take like 30 minutes to type. Will I wasn't keeping track of how long it took, but this was quite some hard work here. I hope it was worth it, and enjoy.

Also, Happy Thanksgiving!

Nicant

Quote from: TechBot5402 on November 25, 2015, 06:08:04 PM
TechBot5402's Creep Unit Ideas (feel free to credit me):

Nullifier
Purpose: Obliterate the player's advantage by nullifying nearby Anti-emitters.
Description: Same thing as player nullifiers, accept it requires creeper instead of packets.

Reactor
Health: 0
Purpose: Feed surrounding creep units by producing creeper.
Description: A Collector that isn't instantly unlocked and costs more creeper to build, but produces more creeper.

Guppy
Purpose: Get creeper to the front lines faster by manually grabbing it and flying off with it.
Description: Produces a Guppy ship which sucks up creeper on the pad, and drops it by either creep units that need more creeper or in a fully undefended area.
UNNECESSARY: Spore Towers do the same exact thing as Guppies, but instead of manually picking up creeper and dropping on creep units or player units, The Spore Towers just launch the creeper itself. They do have the same A.I., Though.

Sprayer
Purpose: Multi-task and do the same jobs as a shield and pulse cannon.
Description: Very similar to the Pulse Cannon, but uses it's "AC Collection Field" to pull in nearby Creeper just like a shield. Very aggressive and likes to attack before other creep units get to the front lines.

Sniper
Purpose: Support other creep units by weakening player defenses.
Description: Slow fire rate and consumes a lot of creeper, but launches fast-moving creeper bullets that penetrate through armor and get creeper inside your units, causing a stacking Damage Over Time (DoT) effect. Likes to hide in high-altitude spots that make good sniper nests.

Forge
Health: 5
Purpose: Extend the number of Upgrades the Sleeper can research.
Description: If the Sleeper runs out of techs to research, it will build a Forge and 50% of the Aether will start to go to the forge. The Forge will then research these techs in random order (each tech can be upgraded multiple times):
- Creeper Efficiency
- Creeper Move Speed
- Unit Build Speed
- Unit Move Speed
- Unit Fire Rate
- Unit Fire Range

Elite Tech Lab
Health: 8
Propose: Extend the number of Upgrades the Sleeper can research.
Description: If the Sleeper runs out of techs to research, it will build a Elite Tech Lab and 50% of the Aether will start to go to the lab. The Elite Tech Lab will then research these techs in given order (each tech is unlocked only once):
- Improved Creeper Rate: Collectors, Reactors and Ore Mines produce 75% more creeper
- Quick Reloading Mechanisms: Multiplies Pulse Cannon and Sprayer fire rate by 1.5
- Better Launching Technology: Doubles Motor Range
- Faster Research Systems: Totem Siphons extract Aether 50% faster
- Multi-Targeting Beams: Beam Towers can target an unlimited amount of enemies at once
- Advanced Shields: Shields and Sprayers don't only attract Creeper, but pull it straight towards nearby creep units as well
- Injection Darts: Improves Sniper DoT's DPS by 1.4.
- Airborne Bases: Sleeper Nodes can build creep units when airborne, and they also stay hovering in the air when under attack by more ground units than beam towers
- Creeper Node Construction: Unlock the ability to produce very aggressive Sleeper Nodes at the cost of 5,250 Creeper.

Welp, that's about all i've got. And yes, it did take like 30 minutes to type. Will I wasn't keeping track of how long it took, but this was quite some hard work here. I hope it was worth it, and enjoy.

Also, Happy Thanksgiving!
I made some of these units already but with different functionality. My next sleeper map will include the creep bertha and forge!
CW4 hype!!

TechBot5402

Quote from: Nicant on November 26, 2015, 03:34:32 PM
I made some of these units already but with different functionality. My next sleeper map will include the creep bertha and forge!

Alright, i'm interested in seeing your nct sleeper map

Nicant

CW4 hype!!

Zoura3025

For the units, if there was a sprayer, it could work like this:
When idle, disperses creeper like a collector. Upon being attacked (having units com into it's range) it focus fires on one unit until it is destroyed. When firing, it consumes creeper. So it would be kind of a hybrid pulse cannon and collector. (it could also produce creeper and fire at the same time, making tough to take out.)
(09:06:07) Zoura3025: But for us diehard fans: "Time is Sanity"

GoodMorning

The Sprayer has been implemented, along with almost everything else. The only missing units are the Relay and Thor. However, I might do the Relay properly soon, and Nicant has been building the Thor for a while.. When this is done, I'll finish the script for the Corrupter which converts units into their Sleeper counterparts.

The PZ interaction is probably not going to be added, on the grounds that the Sleeper is difficult enough already. Once energy is high enough and defences are complete, only a CForge can produce a threat, and PZs wouldn't help balance that.

The Sleeper is the only opponent which can adapt, and is therefore a great addition. More ideas welcome, but have a go at the most recent Sleeper maps first, to see what has been done.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.