JonneeG's Maps

Started by JonneeG, March 15, 2015, 02:41:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JonneeG

This thread is mostly for beta testing my maps before they go up. Have fun! and leave suggestions/ constructive criticisms or whatever

JonneeG

here's the first map, it's about walls and directing creeper, I'm trying to make it so that it's possible but hard to get the shield keys before destroying the inhibitors. also there might be a bug with the spore towers image being huge at the beginning, I'm not sure why this happens, so... suggestions?

teknotiss

hey man, had a quick blast, the huge spore towers are a bit annoying.
they appear to be counting down from 2000% +
are you running a script on them?  ???
otherwise, interesting, if i just leave it running will the AC just win eventually?

beat it in 21 mins or so, fun map, took some CN juggling, good job  8)
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

JonneeG

First of all, thanks for the feedback

Secondly,
No CRPL to my knowledge, just edited the spore payload,   
I tried to design against it, but eventually the AC *may* win (cover most of the map). However, with the wind, it would/should take a very long time (~16 mins to open both -200 iirc the other one was taking too long so I didn't see it)

I might add an orbital or two to make the shield keys easier to collect in the beginning, probably mass

teknotiss

Quote from: JonneeG on March 15, 2015, 11:57:31 PM
First of all, thanks for the feedback

Secondly,
No CRPL to my knowledge, just edited the spore payload,   
I tried to design against it, but eventually the AC *may* win (cover most of the map). However, with the wind, it would/should take a very long time (~16 mins to open both -200 iirc the other one was taking too long so I didn't see it)

I might add an orbital or two to make the shield keys easier to collect in the beginning, probably mass

no probs man 8)

perhaps the spores were placed and then you ran the map for a while with nothing for them to shoot at?
then reset the creeper and built the walls and finalised?
i think i saw this once ages ago when making a map and the i remember easiest thing was to delete rebuild the spore towers.
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

JonneeG

Quote from: teknotiss on March 16, 2015, 03:49:59 PM

perhaps the spores were placed and then you ran the map for a while with nothing for them to shoot at?
then reset the creeper and built the walls and finalised?
i think i saw this once ages ago when making a map and the i remember easiest thing was to delete rebuild the spore towers.

probably what happened
I think I'm gonna post it soon.

second map shortly after,