Dungeon Maps

Started by Flash1225, February 24, 2015, 06:00:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flash1225

No list of maps, but rather a list of ideas that could be used in maps that fall under this category. My ideas:
- So let's say that a corridor in a map represents a bridge over a chasm, in most cases, that chasm would be void. So what if it were washed out? That would mean some of the bridge has eroded, cracked, and unable to hold up very much weight. Eventually, that section of the bridge will fall into the chasm. This would create a location where the creeper would stop, unless there is digitalis bridging that gap.
-How about a starting area that isn't part of the dungeon itself? Examples would include Dungeon Novice and my first dungeon map. This starting area would, of course, have resources, a couple of ore deposits, maybe a totem or two. Of course, there should be an emitter and/or another enemy that poses a threat.
-This one's actually the most common part of the dungeon map that I'm still working on. Rather than mostly void, why not replace most of that with a mixture of 2 or more terrain levels (preferably 1 and 2) that nothing can be built. This would allow the creeper to spread out more. Of course, this would mean that terps would need to be disabled to keep the no-building rule relevant to anywhere. Plus, for more building space, you'd place a few islands so that the player can get more energy. In my upcoming map, there's some void along the main paths to confine the creeper.

So what do you think? You can share other ideas in mind. I may actually use those ideas as long as they don't use CRPL.
Considering how many turns my life has taken (good and bad), I'm still fairly neutral to it all. I take the hits, I don't react overly.

Asbestos

Instead of making one terrain a no-build zone, which would probably cause problems with terpable maps, you could have several CRPL cores that are set to invisible and take up space. No actual CRPL required, just a creeper-permeable invisible wall.