A few quick questions...

Started by Levi, January 14, 2015, 01:56:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Levi

In the inhibitor edit options: AE Field range?  Huh?  What's this, now?

Are there any easy-to-use collections of CPRL code?  I'm interested in adding some pretty basic tweaks to my maps (like having emitters that don't leave power zones, a few other things), but haven't any idea where to start.

The Farbor mining ships and similar components - is there any way to get those into our maps?

Grayzzur

The Coder's Corner forum has a lot of stuff if you search. There is a page with some sample code on the wiki, but it's not much.

As for grabbing assets from another map, there's a page on the wiki telling you exactly how to do that: Examine Map Resources
"Fate. It protects fools, little children, and ships named 'Enterprise.'" -William T. Riker

Hubs

Check out the wiki. That's going to be your best reference for getting started with crpl and knowing what commands to use.

For changing unit stats you can use SetUnitAttribute, specifically using the CONST_CREATEPZ attribute. Unfortunately that can only be set for crpl cores, not regular emitters, so you would have to re-implement a custom emitter. I know there's been a bunch of them done before, so just search the forums. Or, if you see a map that has something you want to use, just follow these instructions.