Castles+CRPL+(please test me)

Started by warren, September 20, 2014, 04:33:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

warren

I like #3 too much to change the balance on that one I think.

Oh man just thinking simultaneousely about the seriousness of cannons firing on unbuilt objects and the effort required to fix. Oh, just fixed. Nice catch. I originally let unbuilt targets get targeted because I felt ignoring them could be used to build a wall. For this reason, things other than the catapult, trebuchet, and cannon can still hit those.

I also moved the guppy off the landing pad in Tutor Castle to prevent some confusion potentially.

Edit: IIRC, bertha does not outright kill digitalis. It does 50% damage or something in a wide area. That is about equivalent to 25% warrior health. Berthas will not work on vehicles since I did not add damage detection to their DNA. It is safe to say I built this map set wholly without including berthas in the strategic makeup. (At least until the specials roll out.)

I believe both sprayers and mortars have enough range to hit longbowmen. In addition, units will crawl forward on their own over time. It is (relatively) safe to fly units into longbow range, but not at all out of same.

warren

Hey you! Yes you. If I don't get more feedback on #3 by about four days from now, I'll just release it in its doubtless buggy, poorly balanced, and atrocious grammar current state.

stdout

The grammar looked good to me.

Can you explain a bit about how the guppy is producing energy? There seems to be a limit but what is the limit? I had a hard time maximizing my energy usage without any kind of meter showing me what was available. Some explanation about this in the intro might be helpful.

warren

If you are talking about the tutor guppy, I put a note on the forum thread. It produces 20 energy. Guppies on other levels should not produce energy.