stewbasic's maps

Started by stewbasic, October 26, 2013, 10:35:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stewbasic

Quote from: Asbestos on June 30, 2014, 09:47:09 PM
Remember that creeper sticks to digitalis, making it hard for you to advance off it.
Ah fair enough. OK I will add the ability to remove it.

I think void has always been level 500. Keep in mind the digitalis can help you get into the void, because creeper flowing on live digitalis ignores terrain.

J

Digitalis 'decreases' the terrain level with 1. So you make a little sinkhole where you want the creeper to flow away from =)

Annonymus

Interesting map, but
Spore towers are useless for the most part because of the PZ-beams which cover almost the whole map.
It would have been quite a bit more interesting if it also had runner's nests and also less frustrating on some of the harder parts.
Making it have all forge upgrades made it much more difficult because I couldn't trust what I knew from playing on abraxis' side (like the moment during the process of building a nullifier from which on it can't be destroyed anymore).
It took me extremely long to realise that I couldland spores on void to build digitalis, maybe you could hint to it somehow.

Besides this, a great map which I'd like to see more of, maybe I'll even try to create one myself (if you allow me to use your scripts, of course).
If a topic started by me is in the wrong place feel free to move it at anytime.

DestinyAtlantis

For me, spores helped bridge the top-left and top-right parts, helped me clear out the mountain range from all those pesky PCs and Mortars, and was 90% part of the destruction of the middle-bottom base ->separated the bottom-left Base (Reactors) from the bottom-right Base (Power-hungry, but well defended), so with enough pressure they ran out of power to power those PZ Beams and ........ After that it was a peace of cake to take the bottom-left base. (that island has too little ground defense, so when you take that PZ and make it an emitter...)

stdout

stewbasic, I'm playing around with your CreeperComeBack map in the hopes of making a different kind of challenge. I took your original map (downloaded from the other thread in CS) and completely changed the terrains but didn't alter any CRPL. When I tried playing it, the digital and field generators work but I can't create emitters and spore towers. When I select the emitter or spore from the build menu in the bottom, nothing happens.

I'm thinking a CRPL core must have gotten inadvertently deleted and I'm actually kinda pulling my hair out here trying to figure it out.

So... I see you've got all your scripts split up into different cores. Is there a way to get a list of all the cores in a map? Other than visually inspecting the terrain and trying to find all the invisible cores. I obviously am missing a core but I can't figure out which.

stewbasic

There should be a core with these three scripts:

Builder.crpl
EmitterBuilder.crpl
SporeBuilder.crpl

If you can't get it to work, feel free to post it here and I will try to get it in the right state. I set it up so that some cores create other cores if they don't exist for "convenience", but in retrospect it complicates things...

stdout

Quote from: stewbasic on September 03, 2014, 01:33:44 AM
I set it up so that some cores create other cores if they don't exist for "convenience", but in retrospect it complicates things...

I noticed that. I'm figuring this out bit by bit. I think a lot of people are thirsty for another PlayAsCreeper map, as am I, so this is time well spent for me. Thank you for the info and the offer to help. I'll let you know my progress.

J

In my attempt to create a map based on this, I copied the original map and edited it, but right at the start the 'unit lost, increasing bertha firerate' message dialog comes up and I haven't found what causes it yet. Where do I have to place which unit to make it happen later in the game or which core/script do I have to remove?

stewbasic

Quote from: J on September 03, 2014, 01:27:00 PM
In my attempt to create a map based on this, I copied the original map and edited it, but right at the start the 'unit lost, increasing bertha firerate' message dialog comes up and I haven't found what causes it yet. Where do I have to place which unit to make it happen later in the game or which core/script do I have to remove?
I assume this is after you press G to finalize the map? You should put your mouse over the "triggering unit" when you press G.

If you don't want that behavior (ie you want Abraxis to do his thing from the start) then edit GameFlow.crpl, remove all the GetUnitAttribute CONST_ISDESTROYED stuff and keep the part which activates Abraxis (maybe do it when GetGameTimeFrames eq(1), or whatever triggering logic you like). Let me know if you need more details (which I can't give right now because the script isn't in front of me :P).

stdout

That's the answer. I think if you hit 'G' with your mouse pointed at nothing, then it will trigger the event immediately when the game begins.

In the next map that I'm currently working on, I'm skipping that part (along with the show2 dialog) and just having Abraxis do his thing at the start.

stdout

Hey stewbasic, let's say (theoretically) that some dummy map maker (like myself) was working on a map based on the play as creeper crpl. Now let's say the same person did the whole "g" key thing to prepare the map but then accidentally saved the actual map and didn't have any other copies. Now when I (I mean he) loads that map in the projects area the core that has the g functionality is gone and he is stuck.

What would such a person do? Can this be undone easily, or should he start over again?

stdout

Strike my last. I figured it out. I just had to add a new core back with Temp.crpl added and reload the editor and all was well (I think)