Abraxis Simulant

Started by Courtesy, June 15, 2014, 03:23:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Courtesy

I wanted to make a map where the simulant speaks, but I've found this isn't a voice option for the starting text. Is there anyway I can get this? Or do I just have to use Abraxis and make it clear we're speaking to the simulant?

Flash1225

There should be a button while you're in Edit Mode, working on a custom map, that says "Char Images". You can change the image of each of the 8 characters already in-game, or just change their names. Hope this helps!
Considering how many turns my life has taken (good and bad), I'm still fairly neutral to it all. I take the hits, I don't react overly.

Courtesy

Thanks! Helps immensely. (I would have if I hadn't found it inbetween now and making the message <3)

I appreciate the help immensely. I'll be submitting a map soon.

Courtesy

Btw where do I even upload these to? I can't find the option ingame.

EDIT: I assume I was required to beat the level first? I can upload it now.

Grayzzur

Quote from: Courtesy on June 15, 2014, 06:32:46 PM
EDIT: I assume I was required to beat the level first? I can upload it now.

Correct. You must finalize, beat, then upload the map. That way we don't get broken, unbeatable maps uploaded to colonial space. You don't have to post your score, but I recommend doing so.
"Fate. It protects fools, little children, and ships named 'Enterprise.'" -William T. Riker

Courtesy

Yup Yup. It's good to know that any map I see uploaded is completable then!

planetfall

Quote from: Courtesy on June 16, 2014, 01:11:50 PM

It's actually possible to break this.

Spoiler

Make impossible map with 2000-strength emitters every 15 cells or so in a grid. Add shield key. Collect shield key. Restart map. Create crpl script that destroys all enemies if that shield key is collected. Delete shield key from map. Finalize, play, insta-win, upload. Others cannot win because shield key was deleted and winning normally is impossible. The chances of randomly spawning a new shield key with the same ID are so slim you would probably need an infinite improbability drive, and you can't edit the ID manually.
[close]

Mods, go ahead and delete this post if you fear it would give people "ideas".
Pretty sure I'm supposed to be banned, someone might want to get on that.

Quote from: GoodMorning on December 01, 2016, 05:58:30 PM"Build a ladder to the moon" is simple as a sentence, but actually doing it is not.

tornado

Or a finite improbability drive some random big numbers and a REALLY good strong cup of tea
Now CEO of Particular Endeavors. http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=23752.new#new
We apologize for all inconveniences that we caused.
Quotefirst, you have to imagine a very big box, fitting inside a very samll box.
then, you have to build one

Asbestos

Quote from: planetfall on June 16, 2014, 02:24:58 PM

Spoiler

Make impossible map with 2000-strength emitters every 15 cells or so in a grid. Add shield key. Collect shield key. Restart map. Create crpl script that destroys all enemies if that shield key is collected. Delete shield key from map. Finalize, play, insta-win, upload. Others cannot win because shield key was deleted and winning normally is impossible. The chances of randomly spawning a new shield key with the same ID are so slim you would probably need an infinite improbability drive, and you can't edit the ID manually.
[close]

Say, how would you hypothetically create the script to make all enemy units get destroyed when the shield key is collected? Hypothetically, of course. I won't actually be doing this, no siree. That'd be immoral.

planetfall

Quote from: Asbestos on June 16, 2014, 04:42:23 PM
Quote from: planetfall on June 16, 2014, 02:24:58 PM

Spoiler

[close]

Say, how would you hypothetically create the script to make all enemy units get destroyed when the shield key is collected? Hypothetically, of course. I won't actually be doing this, no siree. That'd be immoral.

Spoiler

$key:"Type ID Here"

once
    <-key ArtifactCollected if
        DestroyAllEnemyUnits
    endif
endonce

of course, that would make the key only work after restarting the map, but hey, who's counting?
[close]
Pretty sure I'm supposed to be banned, someone might want to get on that.

Quote from: GoodMorning on December 01, 2016, 05:58:30 PM"Build a ladder to the moon" is simple as a sentence, but actually doing it is not.

Warpsing

Spoiler
But then again, people could manually edit so that they could get the Shield Key ID, as it's shown that it's possible to tamper with the shield key things.
[close]