Pawel345's maps-disscusion and download

Started by pawel345, October 11, 2013, 11:23:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clean0nion

Quote from: pawel345 on December 10, 2013, 01:09:10 PM
I'm in the process of making a new map, and I tried to make an EnemyCN. This here is a first version that only makes towers of one type(Enemy Collecors that spawn digitalis and add energy for the enemy) 500 energy = new collector, the collectors tend to grout together but sometimes a new one can get spawned far away form others. They can be nullified as for now, and I'm thinking about including other methods of destruction. The CN can't be nullified but takes damage form snipers. It absorbs creeper as ammo. Current ammo can be checked with a mouse-over.  
You probably already saw my link but http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=14571.msg109217#msg109217 will help

pawel345

Yes, but my approach is a bit different is to be centred around changing the probability of building different units. Right now there is only one unit so there is not much difference, but now I will try to make some other towers, and then see how it will work out.

Clean0nion

Quote from: pawel345 on December 10, 2013, 01:15:07 PM
Yes, but my approach is a bit different is to be centred around changing the probability of building different units. Right now there is only one unit so there is not much difference, but now I will try to make some other towers, and then see how it will work out.
I'm trying to do something like that, too, except this time without the use of digitalis and you have to actually soak the unit in anticreeper to destroy it. It's exceedingly difficult.

pawel345

NEW MAP ATTACHED TO THE OP POST.

Enemy Command Node, It's a DMD map with a new enemy an enemy CN that will gather energy form creeper and enemy collectors, expand a network and then build drones and embitters to destroy player structures. Borrowed 3P's script for corrupted beam.

The you can mouse over the CN to see it's current energy, CN can't be nullified, but takes damage form snipers (but it's quite durable :P ).
You can sometimes experience a lag when the CN is searching for a place to build, I have no idea how to reduce that, but I will be thinking about it.

Spoiler
The CN can make 7 different actions:
Build a Collector
Build an Emitter
Send a Packet to one of Emitters to make it a bit stronger.
Build an UfoPad
Build a BomberPad
Build a CorruptedBeam

Collectors make some digitalis around itself and increase energy production, cost 500 and usually CN build a lot of them before star building anything else.
UfoPads make Ufo drones that fly to your structures and weapons and drain their HP, 2 sniper shots to destroy.
BomberPads make Bombers that fly to your units and bobmb them with creeper, 2 sniper shots to destroy
CorruptedBeams work as they should but will fire on all your units regardless of terrain height. But now they have finite ammo.

All enemy structures drain creeper form underneath them for ammo, and CN sends ammo to them. All are nullyifiable but only emitters give PZ.
[close]

Annonymus

there is a bug in your corrupted beam, when it runs out of ammo it stops firing but the beam is still visible, like in the image i attached
If a topic started by me is in the wrong place feel free to move it at anytime.

pawel345

Hmm I guess that's I just quickly imported and made a slight modification to 3P's script.... I will try to fix it thanks :D hope you liked the map anyway :D

redlemon

I personnaly have HUGE freeze (not lag). Even by running it with an insane computer.

Is it only me ?

Michionlion

Quote from: redlemon on December 22, 2013, 04:16:32 PM
I personnaly have HUGE freeze (not lag). Even by running it with an insane computer.

Is it only me ?

Might be beneficial to post your log file, maybe there are some CRPL exceptions.
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

pawel345

I know the script is quite long, sometimes it caps so it can create lag when the CN is searching for a place to build. Sorry for that, but I didn't have a better idea of how to do it. Right now it checks a random coords near an alredy build structure and if the place is wrong it searches by randomly moving it a few spaces at a time. So it sometimes can take a lot of time.

EDIT: ah sorry a freeze? I had many such problem when testing, but I through I removed them all :( Mind telling when that happened?

redlemon

My output_log does not update.. i forgot if the game has to crash ?

I tested it again. The freeze start when the nexus try to build Digitalis node at 500 "energy".
And it's worth and worth with time. from 1/2 a sec to 3 sec when i stopped it.

Don't worry if i'm the only one..

Annonymus

I also get these freezes, whenever the CN builds something it freezes for ca. 3 seconds, or just advances at 1 frame per second and I may not have the best computer, but not a bad one either, so the problem isn't my computer. As far as I know the problem is just that it has to do many operations in little time, so as long as you don't have a better way of finding a place to build it won't get better.
If a topic started by me is in the wrong place feel free to move it at anytime.