tek's maps

Started by teknotiss, December 13, 2013, 06:32:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

teknotiss

here's a few maps i've been messing about with, essentially complete, but if they are too easy i might toughen them up a bit. intended to be fun to play, not really hard, but some have a bit of a threat if you're too slow at the start

teks011 clear your castle 2.cw3: another mortar-fest

teks012 pyramid power 2.cw3: yet more pyramid-y helpfullness

teks013 clear your castle 3.cw3: another mortar-fest

teks014 power that pyramid.cw3: more pyramid-y goodness, but with added spores.

the next bunch i'm messing with will be smaller and a bit rougher i think, some of these are perhaps a little large ::) but i do like to overbuild so.....

have fun and let me know what you like or dislaike about them.  8)
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

Helper

tek!
Had a lot of fun with "clear your castle 3". I was in a hurry and couldn't give it the time it deserves, but will have another go at it.
Very nicely done.
H

teknotiss

cheers dude, it's nowhere near as threatening as it look is it?
i really like the "bash your way out" style of maps, i'm working over a few medium sized ones at the mo, PZ's galore and tons of creeper.
have fun dude
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

NFITC1

I was sure Power that Pyramid was going to take more than 30 mins. Took me less than 20. :) Once I got the energy economy running the rest was cake.
Spoiler
Also guppies helped a LOT taking out the extreme corners. :D
[close]

teknotiss

glad you seem to like it! :) most of my recent ones are a bit of a scrabble, then safe to allow creeper pounding. but i think i may do some more in a "pick up items to win". i start so many and publish so few  :(  ::)

TLMike

I love those kinds of maps, Tek. Yours were my favorite in the Alpha Sector. Make more. MAYK MOAR.

Grauniad

Quote from: TLMike on December 18, 2013, 07:40:17 PM
Make more.

I'm expecting that all beta testers are holding a few good maps in reserve to seed the soon-to-arrive Colonial Space enhancement with excellent starting maps. [/broad hint]
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

TLMike

I'm sure that's accurate. I just wanted Tek to know that I'm a huge fan of the Pyramid maps (and his others). And, you know, since I'm the center of everything, I need more of them.

teknotiss

Quote from: TLMike on December 18, 2013, 11:18:24 PM
I'm sure that's accurate. I just wanted Tek to know that I'm a huge fan of the Pyramid maps (and his others). And, you know, since I'm the center of everything, I need more of them.

lol :D

there are a few i'll be keeping for colonial, but i'll prob post a few more here too, gotta keep the fans happy! ;)

teknotiss

Hey V i uploaded 5 maps i made previously, can you do the thumbnail fix? or do i have to refinalise and replay to upload? hope not  ::) but no probs if so! cheers dude! 8)

Grauniad

I don't see your uploads. Probably failed.

teknotiss

Quote from: Grauniad on January 12, 2014, 03:05:17 PM
I don't see your uploads. Probably failed.

oh, so i have to refinalise? (don't really want to play them all again, i have other maps i want to get on with, but no worries if so)
or try again?

Grauniad

I'd say that if you don't see an error message, you may want to log that as a support issue. In general, maps upload and becomes directly visible in Colonial Space. f they don't, there is some error and you should be notified. If you are not notified, then that counts as an issue that Virgil may want to look into.

knucracker

Right after clicking to upload, check the message that is shown in the little upload dialog and see what it says.

teknotiss

Quote from: virgilw on January 12, 2014, 04:25:16 PM
Right after clicking to upload, check the message that is shown in the little upload dialog and see what it says.

it may have been after you uploaded the newest version so that could be it, i'll have another bash in a bit
cheers dudes!